windows defenderr chronicles...

(编辑: plus )
iphone4游戏iphone4游戏下载iphone游戏下载iphone好玩的游戏iphone4好玩的游戏iphone游戏pc版基地iphone经典游戏排行iphone中国官方网站iphone官方网站iphone手机游戏
您可以使用“← | →”键快速翻页,或者进入模式!
事件进展:
相关文章:
处理 SSI 文件时出错
热门新闻排行本周本月&&(6000)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(6000)&&(6000)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)Defender Chronicles Review - IGN
You've Come This Far...
Chillingo's 2D tower defender tries something new.
By Levi Buchanan
Last week, Star Defense wrapped the tower defense formula around a globe. Now, Chillingo and developer Gimka are plastering it against a 2D wall in the new , an artistically attractive riff on the genre that adds role-playing game elements and massive boss monsters to take down with your gauntlet of defenses. However, Gimka's decision to not let you decide where to place your defense stations turns this game more into a puzzle game than a strategy title.
spins the story of a kingdom under attack by a monster army. Between battle scenes, the story is advanced through full-speech narratives -- although the voice acting is of decidedly mixed quality.
Though it is based on the established tower defense mechanics, Defender Chronicles utilizes a few key differences. The game places a special hero to guard the gate at the end of the route as a final guard. This hero can be upgraded with equipment such as armor. There are giant bosses that cap each stage, such as slobbering slimeballs and goblin queens. But the biggest difference, as noted earlier, is that you do not choose the actual positioning of your defenses. Instead, the path is line with set locations where you erect guilds (the DC equivalent of a tower).
As much as I tried, I just could not warm to this design choice. Stripping away the ability to position guilds where you want and create very specific gauntlets really peels away a layer of strategy. I felt more like I was playing a puzzle game loaded with trial-and-error, trying to figure out the right sequence of defenses instead of coming up with my own cohesive strategy. There will likely be gamers that will not see this lack of freedom as a shortcoming, but for me, half the fun of a tower defense style game is assembling a personalized gauntlet of defenses.
Defender Chronicles features great hand-drawn art.
The guilds in Defender Chronicles are pulled from fantasy staples, such as archers, brutish berserkers, mages that blast lightning attacks, and warriors. Each guild can be upgraded four times, capping at level five. At first, each guild only sends out one member at a time. If that member is overwhelmed, another comes out in just a few minutes. At level three, guilds produce two members at the same time, which effectively doubles the effectiveness of the defense. There are plenty of monsters to mow down (in fact, the screen often becomes a mess of them), so you are rarely short on funds to build your guild sequence and then upgrade them as you see fit.
There are five different game modes, including the main story campaign, an endless mode (called "freestyle" here), two classic modes that strip out some of the RPG elements like using special items for your hero. There are four difficulty levels for each stage, and there is a marked difference between them. You can really turn up the juice in Defender Chronicles and make this a pretty hard game.
Defender Chronicles looks very good, thanks in no small part to some very nice enemy design -- particularly in the boss monsters. There are several different backgrounds, each well detailed. This is one of the more substantial benefits of going 2D. The game also features a sweeping soundtrack. However, the voice work for the individual units sounds strange. It's as if one person did the voices and some audio effects were used to make them sound like multiple people.
Defender Chronicles was reviewed with version 1.0.
Defender Chronicles: Legend of the Desert King
You are a warlord who lacks experience but who is destined to defeat the Orc King and become a legend.
Despite my low enthusiasm for the design decision to not let the gamer select the locations of the towers, I assure you that
is by no means a bad tower defense-style game. It's different and hardcore fans of the genre will likely appreciate that Gimka tried to shake up the formula. I just think the customizable hero and boss monsters are better implemented. Try it if you are curious, but I'd nudge you toward Star Defense or Knights Onrush instead for a more strategy-based TD-style game.
IN THIS ARTICLE
IGN Recommends(编辑: xssfuo )
您可以使用“← | →”键快速翻页,或者进入模式!
事件进展:
相关文章:
处理 SSI 文件时出错
热门新闻排行本周本月&&(6000)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(6000)&&(6000)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)&&(0)

参考资料

随机推荐