求教Messiah 2win10版本号区别的区别 网络游戏贴图区

查看: 9782|回复: 110
《当中国统治世界:西方世界的终结和一个新的全球秩序的诞生》第二版 书评
本帖最后由 龙腾网翻译版务 于
14:27 编辑
选取了该书在亚马逊的作者个人简介、编辑点评、媒体点评和读者评论。
QQ图片49.jpg (25.1 KB, 下载次数: 0)
13:28 上传
Martin Jacques is one of Britain's foremost public intellectuals. A Visiting Senior Research Fellow at IDEAS, the London School of Economics' centre for diplomacy and grand strategy, a Visiting Professor at Tsinghua University, Beijing, and a Fellow of the Transatlantic Academy, Washington DC, Martin Jacques is widely respected as a leading global expert on what could prove to be the most important geopolitical event of the past 200 years: the rise of China.
Born in Coventry in 1945, Martin Jacques earned a first class honours degree in Economics at Manchester University, followed by a masters degree, and then a PhD from Cambridge University. He subsequently held a lectureship in the Department of Economic and Social History at Bristol University.
In 1977, he became editor of Marxism Today, a post he held for fourteen years until the journal's closure in 1991, transforming what was an obscure and dull publication into a the most influential political magazine in Britain. In the early 1990, Jacques co-founded the think-tank Demos, and worked as deputy editor of The Independent. He has been a columnist for the Times, the Sunday Times, the Guardian, the Observer, and the New Statesman, as well as writing for many newspapers and magazines worldwide, including Financial Times, Economist, New York Times, International Herald Tribune, Daily Beast, New Republic, Volkskrant, Corriere della Sera, L'Unita, Il Mondo, Süddeutsche Zeitung, South China Morning Post, and Folha Des Paulo.
He has made many television programs for the BBC, including writing and presenting Italy on Trial (1993), The Incredible Shrinking Politicians (1993), a two-part series on The End of the Western World (1996) and Proud to be Chinese (1998).
In recent years Martin Jacques has worked as a Visiting Professor at Renmin University, Beijing, a Senior Visiting Fellow at the University of Singapore,a Visiting Research Fellow at the Asia Research Centre at the London School of Economics, and a Visiting Professor at both Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto, and at the International Centre for Chinese Studies at Aichi University in Nagoya.
Martin Jacques是英国最著名的公共知识分子,伦敦学院经济外交和大战略中心IDEAS的高级访问研究员,北京清华大学客座教授,华盛顿特区大西洋学院研究员。中国的崛起可能是过去200年里最重要的地缘政治事件,Martin Jacques作为该问题的全球领先的专家受到广泛的尊敬。
1945年出生于考文垂的Martin Jacques在曼彻斯特大学获得经济学一级荣誉学位,之后获得一个硕士学位,然后是剑桥大学博士学位。随后在布里斯托尔大学经济和社会史系担任讲师。
1977年,他成为《今日马克思主义》杂志编辑,并担任该职位达十四年,直到1991年底杂志休刊。他将该杂志从模糊和沉闷的出版物转变为英国最有影响力的政治杂志。1990年初,Jacques与人合作创立了智囊团,并担任独立报的副主编。他还担任时报,星期日泰晤士报,卫报,观察者,和新政治家等媒体的专栏作家,并为全球范围的许多报纸和杂志撰稿,包括金融时报、经济学家、纽约时报、国际先驱论坛报,每日野兽,新共和国,人民报,……南华早报,圣保罗周报等。
他为BBC制作了许多电视节目,包括《意大利审判》(1993),《缩水的政治家》(1993),《西方世界的终结》(1996)系列的两部分和《以中国为荣》(1998)的写作和呈现。
近年来,Martin Jacques担任北京人民大学的客座教授,新加坡大学的高级访问研究员,伦敦经济学院亚洲研究中心客座研究员,并在京都的日本立命馆大学在和名护市的爱知大学中国研究国际中心担任客座教授。
Greatly revised and expanded, with a new afterword, this upxe to Martin Jacques’s global bestseller is an essential guide to understanding a world increasingly shaped by Chinese power
Soon, China will rule the world. But in doing so, it will not become more Western.
Since the first publication of When China Rules the World, the landscape of world power has shifted dramatically. In the three years since the first edition was published, When China Rules the World has proved to be a remarkably prescient book, transforming the nature of the debate on China.
Now, in this greatly expanded and fully upxed edition, boasting nearly 300 pages of new material, and backed up by the latest statistical data, Martin Jacques renews his assault on conventional thinking about China’s ascendancy, showing how its impact will be as much political and cultural as economic, changing the world as we know it.
First published in 2009 to widespread critical acclaim - and controversy - When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order has sold a quarter of a million copies, been translated into eleven languages, nominated for two major literary awards, and is the subject of an immensely popular TED talk.
martin jacques的全球畅销书的本次更新进行了大幅扩展和修正,增加了一个新的后记,这个版本是了解当今世界的必备指南,当今世界越来越受到中国力量的影响。中国将统治世界,但在这个过程中,它不会变得更加的西方化。
《当中国统治世界》首次出版以来,世界权力格局已发生很大的变化。在第一次出版后三年以来,《当中国统治世界》已被证明是一本有先见之明的书,转变了对中国争论的性质。
现在,在这个大幅的扩展和完全更新的版本里,拥有近300页的新材料,并得到了最新统计数据的支持,Martin Jacques更新了对中国崛起传统思维的驳斥,展示了中国的崛起对政治、文化的影响与对经济的影响同样深远,正在如我们所知的那样改变世界。
《当中国统治世界:西方世界的终结和全球新秩序的诞生》首次出版于2009年,受到广泛的好评和争议:一季度已售出一百万册,被翻译成十一种语言,获得两个重要的文学奖项的提名,成为广受欢迎的TED演讲的主题。
Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. A convincing economic, political and cultural analysis of waning Western dominance and the rise of China and a new paradigm of modernity. Jacques (The Politics of Thatcherism) takes the pulse of the nation poised to become, by virtue of its scale and staggering rate of growth, the biggest market in the world. Jacques points to the decline of American hegemony and outlines specific elements of China's rising global power and how these are likely to influence international relations in the future. He imagines a world where China's distinct brand of modernity, rooted firmly in its ancient culture and traditions, will have a profound influence on attitudes toward work, family and even politics that will become a counterbalance to and eventually reverse the one-way flow of Westernization. He suggests that while China's economic prosperity may not necessarily translate into democracy, China's increased self-confidence is allowing it to project its political and cultural identity ever more widely as time goes on. As comprehensive as it is compelling, this brilliant book is crucial reading for anyone interested in understanding where the we are and where we are going. (Nov.)
来自《出版商周刊》
主编点评。一个有说服力的关于西方优势地位减弱、中国的崛起以及新的现代范例的经济、政治、文化分析。Jacques(《撒切尔主义政治》)通过其规模、惊人的增长率和全世界最大的市场等优势,抓住中国蓄势待发的脉搏。Jacques指出美国霸权的衰落,并概括了中国崛起成为全球大国的特殊要素以及这些要素将如何影响未来的国际关系。他描绘了一个中国现代性独特品牌主导的世界,古老的文化和传统牢牢扎根的家庭,将会对工作、家庭甚至政治的态度产生深远影响,将抗衡并最终反转单向流动的西方化。他认为,虽然中国的经济繁荣可能并不一定转化为民主,中国逐渐增加的自信正在使它的政治和文化认同随着时间的推移越来越广泛。由于其综合性并且令人信服,对那些有兴趣了解我们的现在和将来的发展的人而言,这本精彩的书极其值得一读。(11月)
&Provocative...a fascinating account.&—Michiko Kakutani, The New York Times
“挑衅性的…令人着迷的叙述”——Michiko Kakutani纽约时报
“A very forcefully written, lively book that is full of provocations and predictions.”—Fareed Zakaria, GPS, CNN
“一本笔触有力,活泼的书,充满了挑衅和预测。“——Fareed Zakaria GPS,CNN
“The West hopes that wealth, globalization and political integration will turn China into a gentle giant… But Jacques says that this is a delusion. Time will not make China more W it will make the West, and the world, more Chinese.”—The Economist
“西方希望财富、全球化和政治一体化将把中国转变为一个温和的巨人…但Jacques说,这是一种错觉。时间不会使中国更西方化;而会使西方和世界,更加的中国化。”——经济学人
“[An] exhaustive-, incisive exploration of possibilities that many people have barely begun to contemplate about a future dominated by China. ... [Jacques] has written a work of considerable erudition, with provocative and often counterintuitive speculations about one of the most important questions facing the world today. And he could hardly have known, when he set out to write it, that events would so accelerate the trends he was analyzing.”—The New York Times Book Review
“对很多人可能已经开始思考的由中国主导的未来的可能性,进行了透彻和尖锐的探索……这本书相当博学,具有煽动性,经常对世界今天所面临的最重要的问题进行违反直觉的推断。他可能根本不知道,当他开始写的时候,他所分析的事件将加速这种趋势。”——纽约时报书评
“The rise of China may well prove to be the defining economic and geopolitical change of our time, and few authors have given the subject deeper thought, nor offered a more illuminating analysis, than Martin Jacques.”—Niall Ferguson, author of The Ascent of Money
“中国崛起可能成为我们这个时代经济和地缘政治变化的定义,几乎没有作者给出了对这个问题做出更深层次的思考,也没有人像Martin Jacques那样提供更多充满启发的分析。”——Niall Ferguson,《货币崛起》的作者
“[A] compelling and thought-provoking analysis of global trends.... Jacques is a superb explainer of history and economics, tracing broad trends with insight and skill.”—The Washington Post
“令人信服和发人深省的全球趋势分析……Jacques 是一个历史和经济学的高超诠释者,他用技巧和洞察力跟踪大趋势。”——华盛顿邮报
“This important book, deeply considered, full of historical understanding and realism, is about more than China. It is about a twenty-first-century world no longer modelled on and shaped by North Atlantic power, ideas and assumptions. I suspect it will be highly influential.”—Eric Hobsbawm, author of The Age of Extremes
“这是一本重要的书,深入思考,充满对历史和现实的理解,不只是中国。它讲述了21世纪的世界不再按照北大西洋的力量、观点和假设进行模仿和塑造。我怀疑这本书的影响力会很大。”——Eric Hobsbawm,《极端时代》的作者
“This an extremely impressive book, full of bold but credible predictions … [this] book will long be remembered for its foresight and insight.”—The Guardian (UK)
“这是一本非常令人印象深刻的书,充满了大胆而可靠的预测…这本书由于其远见和洞察力将被永远铭记。”——卫报(英国)
购买者评论:
Martin Bacaon March 27, 2015
A Mosaic of China
I am sure that China has all three dimensions -- China has the past, has the present and china has the future. Millions people, including Chinese themselves want to understand China and Chinese and I believe that many of them bought or will buy this influential Martin Jacques' book, because it offers views on China.
Mr. Jacques began with the history, then continues with the present and finally he hinted the future. The book described important parts of Chinese history, such as connection with Japan, dealt with first connections between West and East, paid attention to Chinese ethics, including implicit one, and last but not least mentioned politics. I can underline that China is turbulent country, it means that some facts are becoming obsolete... so readers ought to accept this information (actually it is the 2nd edition, the 1st edition was published in 2009. But now--in March 2015--also this the 2nd &greatly expanded and fully upxed& edition is now partially out of date).
Of course, some information can be doubtful/questionable because of obsolescence, or point of view, or because of presumption (I should mention that M. Jacques--born in 1945--was editor of the Communist Party Great Britain's Journal &Marxism Today& from 1977 until its closure in 1991).
Well, we never forget that it is only one view from several possible views. On the other hand I declare that this book could be very useful for sinologists, ethics, admirers of East and politics as well. Martin Jacques' &When China Rules the World& offers eloquent mosaic(s) of China.
一幅中国的马赛克
我认为中国有三个维度——过去,现在和未来。包括中国人自己在内的数以百万计的人,都想了解中国和中国人,我相信其中的很多人已经买或者会买Martin Jacques这本有影响力的书,因为它提供了对中国的看法。
Jacques先生从历史开始,然后继续到现在,最后他暗示了未来。这本书描述了中国历史的重要部分,例如与日本的联系,论述了东西方的第一次联系,关注了中国的伦理,包括含蓄的类型,最后但同样重要的提到中国的政治。我也强调,中国是个急速变化中的国家,这意味着一些事实正在变得过时…因此读者应当理解这一点(实际上这是第二版,第一版出版于2009年。但现在——2015年3月——这个第二次“大幅扩展和完全更新”的版本现在已经有部分过时了。)
当然,有些信息或观点可能会因为陈旧过时,或者因为假定而值得怀疑和质疑(我应该提一下,出生于1945的Jacques先生,从1977年到1991年底担任英国***的杂志《今日马克思主义》的编辑,直到它休刊。)。
我们永远不能忘记,这只是几个可能的观点之中的一个。另一方面,我声明,这本书对于汉学家,东方的崇拜者和政治爱好者是非常有用的。Martin Jacques的《当中国统治世界》对中国进行了意味深长的描绘。
Amazon Customeron November 12, 2016
an amazingly complex and weighty tome, I am struggling with the huge amount of research that has gone into the writing of this book. The reason I ranked the book with four stars instead of five is because of the seemingly bottomless amount of information which I struggle to absorb and understand. I find the best way for me to deal with the complexity of this book is to read &the hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy&at the same time, so that I can get my head undone.
一个令人惊讶的复杂和沉重的书,我做了大量研究才读进去这本书。我之所给这本书打四星而不是五星,这是因为当我努力的吸收和理解时,它的信息量看起来好像无穷无尽。我发现应对这本书的复杂性最好的办法就是同时阅读《银河系徒步旅行指南》,这样我就能头脑清醒了。
Hans Fleischmannon December 1, 2013
A Great Analysis of Past and Future
I am still reading, but so far: The book contains a very good descxtion and analysis of past developments and understanding of the world's &civilizations& in the various countries that could/will be important in the future. It strongly opened my eyes (and ears) to things that will be important and my thinking about what will happen. I am very much looking forward to read the rest of the book.
对过去和未来的伟大分析
我仍在阅读,到目前为止我的感受是:这本书对过去的发展做了一个很好的描述和分析,并阐述了对世界多个国家“文明”的理解,这些文明在未来可很重要。它强有力地开阔了我的眼界(和耳朵),让我了解那些在将来变得重要的东西,让我了解将来会发生什么事。我非常期待阅读剩下的部分。
Kelly Wrighton November 12, 2016
Very insightful, even prescient
The author relentlessly marshals facts and figures (the book is replete with tables and charts and comparisons) to demonstrate the amazing growth of China relative to the West that will lead to Chinese hegemony in future. Well written, the book suffers only from repetition and wordiness.
很有见地,甚至有先见之明
作者无情地列举事实和数字(这本书充满了图表的比较)来证明中国相对于西方惊人的增长,这将导致中国未来的霸权。写的很好,只是这本书过于重复和冗长。
Dwight J. Workeron May 15, 2014
excellent book to understand the 21st century.
My only obxtion is that the book is too verbose. He could have said the same with half the words. But his points are very well taken. You sense the author's French schadenfreude as he watches the USA slide.
用于了解二十一世纪的优秀书籍。
我唯一反对的是,这本书过于冗长。他用一半的篇幅表达同样的意思。但他的观点很有把握。你可以感觉到当作者看到美国跌跟头时那种法国式的幸灾乐祸。
Albino dolphinon July 29, 2015
Essential reading.
Critical info if you want a peek at the future........'not a nation state...a civilization state'. Thinks of itself as the center of the universe...'the middle kingdom'....considers decisions in a three thousand year context.
值得阅读。
如果你想偷窥未来,这本书提供了关键信息……“国家不是民族的,而是文明的”。(美国)认为自己是宇宙的中心,而“中央王国”在三千年的背景下考虑决策。
E. Pittson September 11, 2014
Good history of China Economy
This is one long book, but very informative. Lots of history of Southeast Asia and economics of the area. Very good study of the development of the China economy.
关于中国经济历史的好书
这是一本很长的书,但是很有用。书中有很多南洋地区的经济和历史内容。对中国经济的发展做了很好的研究。
Gary C. Schauson December 11, 2010
The book is a little more than I wanted to know about the world enonomy. It is interesting the impact of the world economy on the United States and how we need to deal with new challenges ahead. Are we going to be number 1 as a global entity or are we going to fall to the economies of China and India? Time to think about that and how do we as a country deal with that challenge.
这本书关于世界经济的内容比我想知道的更多一点。有趣的是世界经济对美国的影响,以及我们需要如何应对未来新的挑战。我们将作为全球实体的NO1或者我们将在经济上落后于中国和印度?我们是时候思考那些问题了,以及我们的国家应该如何应对挑战。
Rickon October 5, 2016
I would highly recommend passing up on this book it was so boring
This book is nothing but a bunch of speculation poorly written and so boring to read
我强烈建议放弃这本书,它太无聊了,这本书只不过是一堆猜测,写得不好,枯燥乏味。
Paulo H. Amorimon April 17, 2014
Jacques seems to have it all.
I expect another upxe to follow how he puts in perspective:
- China's l
- China's larger D
- the US after Siria and Crimea, vis a vis China
Jacques的书里似乎无所不包。
我希望他在再次修订时加入对以下问题的观察:
——中国经济的低增长;
——中国较大的国防拨款;
——叙利亚和克里米亚之后,美国与中国的对比
maria teresa la valleon May 10, 2013
A thorough review of the current situation in China and a most valuable descxtion of the background conditions in the so-called Western world. ('So-called' because I had always thought the West was a ge the author uses it exclusively in political terms -thus leaving South America floating who knows where.Not a pleasant feeling.).
The descxtion of the stark contradictions it is facing at this point in time, plus its impact on the rest of the world is most illuminating. I am reading the chapter on the sustainability or lack of it, of China's development: definitely a cause of deep concern. M. Jacques has certainly done a veruy good and necessary job.
本书对中国现状进行了全面回顾,并在所谓的西方世界的背景条件下最有价值的描述。(用“所谓的”来形容是因为我一直认为“西方”是个地理描述;作者把它专门用在政治方面,就让南美无所适从,这种感觉让人不愉快。)
对中国强烈矛盾的描述正视了这个时间点,再加上它对世界其他国家的影响是最有启发性。我正在读“中国发展的持续性或者缺乏持续性”那一章,而它绝对值得关注。Jacques先生当然已经做了非常良好和必要的工作。
kai liuon November 18, 2012
a china centric view
A compendium of ancient and present day China across cultural, political and economical spectrum.
At times exhaustive in nuance but comprehensiveness makes up for it.
A very useful reference book also.
一个中国为中心的观点
这本书横跨文化、政治和经济,概要的讲述了中国的古代和现代。
有时候有些纠缠于细节,但全面性弥补了这一点。
也是一本很有用的参考书。
Paul Schnizleron December 12, 2012
A valuable presentation of Chinas political and economic evolution and realities, its culture and what it means for the future
Because of the undeniable fact that China has now reached center stage in our world of the 21st century, this book is a &must read& for someone who wants to understand what may be in store for us in the future.
本书对中国政治和经济的演变和现实,以及它的文化和它对未来的意义的展示很有价值。
因为一个不可否认的事实,即中国现在已经达到了21世纪世界舞台的中央,所以对于那些想要了解将来我们会面临什么事的人来说,这是一本“必读”的书。
R. Harringtonon November 29, 2015
5.0 out of 5 starsHardly disturbing, an elegant scholarly hard look at reality
If one were ignorant of the long catastrophe starting with Reagan and culminating with Bush, this would be a disturbing analysis, as it apparently is to architects of that long reach for empire. I differ with the analysis in on that it ignores the impossibility of any further climb along the axes of technology fueled by energy. China nor any civilization can prevail in that long march, where the greater forces of raw dehumanized nature will. The US need but reclaim democracy from the oligarchs of money-expertise - import from China the subservience of money to the state - and continue to deploy information and social technologies in the repair of democracy (rather than in its destruction by the new &surveillance state&) such that it would promote intelligence and competency in a broader range of interests beyond the merely economic and political. We should re-import family values and re-problematize radical individualism to the point where education is seen as a public good once more. The &civilization-state& of China cannot be a model for multi-cultural civic-minded c it is too blood-bound. The US still can, although it most likely won't - in that I have to agree with Jacques. A move toward cosmopolitan constitutionalism, embracing rather than competing against China, is the only reasonable and realistic move. China will, in time, relearn its own fine tradition of understanding a cosmic role for humans, and the US will leave go of our God obsession and our longing for an end to history in some ideal stasis. Irony is a stance engineered by disillusion. China could use more, and we could use less toward our both/and collective future. There is no more cogent roadmap toward that collective future than in this book. Among other things, it foreshadows the New Silk Road, which will be open in both directions, don't forget.
5星推荐。对现实进行刻苦研究的学术大作。
对于那些不了解从里根时期开始,并在布什时期达到顶点的长期灾难的人而言,这本书的分析令人不安,因为它显然是为通向帝国的漫长旅程的缔造者所作。在一个重要方面,我不同意这个分析:沿着能源驱动的技术轴线进一步上行的可能性并不存在,而它忽略了这一点。中国还有任何文明都不能在那场长征中胜利,而非人的自然伟力将会获胜。美国需要从善于赚钱的寡头手中恢复民主,让有益的资金从中国回到美国,继续部署信息和社会技术用于修复民主(而不是通过新的“监控国家”来破坏它),这样它将在更广泛的利益范围内促进智力和能力发展,而不仅仅在经济和政治领域。我们应该重新引进家庭价值观,并再次破解极端个人主义问题,以达到教育被再次视为公众利益的程度。“文明国家”的中国不可能作为多元文化公民意识集体繁荣的模板;它过于受到血缘的束缚。尽管很可能不会,但美国仍然可以实现这一点,在这个问题上我必须同意Jacques的观点。在世界性的宪政运动中应该拥抱而不是对抗中国,这是唯一合理和现实的行为。中国迟早会重新学习自己的理解人类在宇宙中作用的良好传统,而美国将松开对上帝的痴迷和因某些停滞的理想产生的对历史终结的渴望。讽刺是幻灭导致的立场。为实现我们共同/和集体的未来,中国可以占有更多,我们可以占有更少。本书在通往集体未来的路线图方面最为令人信服。至于其他问题,这本书还预示了新的丝绸之路,它将在两个方向上展开,别忘了。
Trainmanon November 10, 2015
This should be required reading for all Americans. Their expanding influence will dramatically change the world's balance of power. And it will be damaging to americans.
它应该作为所有美国人的必读书籍。他们不断扩大的影响力将极大地改变世界的力量平衡,而且将对美国人造成损害。
T REXon July 7, 2015
Author missed the mark!America and the West do not have the moral capacity to lead the earth and will be delivered into bondage.This book is just filled with boring statistics but does not address the real issue: Only China has the moral capacity to rule the earth!America will be violently overthrown by the 'assassin's mace' and China will rule with an iron fist! The book is a waste of paper!
作者漏掉了标记!美国和西方都没有领导地球的道德能力,他们的统治将导致奴役。这本书只不过充满了无聊的统计,却不能解决真正的问题:只有中国有统治地球的道德能力!美国将被“杀手锏”暴力推翻,而中国将以铁腕统治!这本书根本是浪费纸张!
Thomas A. Reedon December 26, 2014
It is rare that books on geopolitics can be both scholarly and appeal to a wide audience, but this one manages it. The author also manages to show us how and why there's been a failure of perception/ideas when it comes to understanding the role of China on the world stage. A must-read for anyone with any interest whatsoever in what's happening in the global economy.
很少有关于地缘政治的书既有学术性又能广泛吸引读者,但这本书做到了。作者还试图向我们展示:当理解中国在世界舞台上的作用时,如何以及为什么会有失败的感觉或想法。任何对全球经济正在发生何种变化感兴趣的人都必须读一读。
paul dvorakon November 28, 2014
Not to worry, everyone. If you are old enough to recall from the 1980s, the business press was filled with articles on Japanese management methods, and how Japan was destine to rule the world. It turns out that the un-free market is a cruel mistress. She loves you one year and makes life miserable the next.
In China, the masses (people) will not tolerate working long hours for little paychecks. Eventually, their costs will rise to western levels and manufacturing companies there will be off to find the next low cost manufacturing country. We have seen this movie before.
大家别担心。如果你足够年长,就可以回忆从上世纪80年***始,商业新闻中就充斥着对日本管理方法的文章,以及日本如何注定要统治世界。事实证明,非自由市场是一个残酷的情妇。她爱你一年,后一年就让你的生活变成灾难。
在中国,群众(人民)将不会容忍长时间工作却拿很少的薪水。最终,他们的成本将上升到西方水平,那里的制造企业离开并寻找下一个低成本的生产国。我们以前看过讲这个内容的电影。
Graceon August 10, 2014
Logical, unbiased, and very true to fact. That is what comes to mind when thinking of this book. I am very surprised by how much I enjoyed this book, and more so by its startlingly honest analysis. As someone who was prepared to question this book's credibility, I have to say- I finished it feeling quite utterly impressed.
这本书符合逻辑、没有偏见、非常真实。当我这本书,这些词语就出现在我脑海中。我对这本书的喜爱让我自己都惊讶,并且它惊人的诚实分析增加了我的喜爱。作为一个准备质疑这本书的可信度的人,我不得不说,我看完了它,并留下非常深刻的印象。
benghazion July 16, 2014
Don't bother. Also his stupid emphasis that the Han Chinese are not really one race is total BS.
He should look at his own race. The english are a mix of German tribes, French, celts, romans and vikings yet the english are seen as a race. You could say the same of the French, Russians and Spanish. All have ancestors from numerous backgrounds. So the Han Chinese are one race even though they have ancestors from numerous backgrounds.
别费神去读它。作者愚蠢的强调汉族并不是真正的种族,完全是屁话。
他应该看看自己的种族。英国人混合了德国部落,法国人,凯尔特人,罗马人和维京人,但英国人被视为一个种族。法国人、俄罗斯人和西班牙人也可以这么说。他们的祖先都有许多背景。所以汉族也是一个种族,即使他们的祖先来自众多的背景。
Jacob A. Ballon June 9, 2014
Jacques provides a wonderful analysis of the current international landscape and provides details and facts that most westerners have been ignorant to for far too long. I had this book assigned to me by one of the foremost researchers in Chinese society in the united states.
Jacques对当前的国际形势进行了精彩的分析,并提供了细节和事实,而大多数西方人对这个问题长期无知。这本书是美国的一个研究中国社会的顶尖研究人员推荐给我的。
-Peter A. Mulgrew3 years ago
If you read this book, you are still ignorant on China.
如果你读这本书,你依然会对中国一无所知。
Rybeckon February 24, 2013
The writer paints with a very broad brush. His idea that China and Chinese people should be understood from a civilisational paradigm rather than a nation state paradigm is interesting. He argues that China is a civilsation behaving like a state. To appreciate what this means, think back to the ancient Greek states which were all members of a single advanced Hellenistic civilisation, but were hopelessly, and ultimately fatally, divided. China, like the ancient Greek states, once consisted of numerous warring states sharing a single civilisation, but over time these warring states managed somehow to fuse into a single state, with a homogenous sense of race and culture, which survived into the present day. The author argues that this civilisational state model gives the Chinese state a unique vitality - imagine, for example, what kind of power Greece would have become if the brief unity which it achieved during the Persian wars and Alexander the Great had been sustained to the present day.
Nevertheless, I do feel that the main thesis of this book - that China will rule the world - is ultimately not sustained. In spite of the sensational title (no doubt a marketing strategem in order to sell more books (worked on me!), the writer actually takes a very even handed approach to the subject by acknowledging both the achievements and challenges, the strengths and weaknesses of the Chinese civilisation state. So the impression that one is left with in the end is equivocal. China may suceed ultimately in dominating the world - or not.
作者的写作手法相当大气。他认为应该从文明的范畴而不是民族国家的范畴理解中国和中国人,这个观点很有趣。他提出:中国是一个表现得像个国家的文明。要明白这是什么意思,想想古希腊城邦的所有成员都来自先进的希腊文明,但陷入绝望,最终致命的分裂了。中国就像古希腊城邦,众多战国曾经共享同一个单一文明,但随着时间的推移,这些战国设法融合成称单一的国家,拥有同质的种族和文化,一直存活到现在。作者认为,这种文明国家模型给了中国一种独特的生命力,想象一下,如果希腊在波斯战争和亚力山大大帝期间获得的短暂统一,一直持续到今天,那么它会成为何等的大国。
尽管如此,我觉得这本书的主要论点是中国将统治世界,但最终是不可持续的。不要管耸人听闻的标题(毫无疑问,这是为了销售量而设计的营销策略,但它对我管用!)作者实际上对这个问题采取了一种非常不偏不倚的态度,既承认了中华文明国家的成就和挑战,也承认了它的优点和缺点。所以这本书给人留下的最终印象是模棱两可的。中国最终也许会成功的支配世界,也许不会。
-Liping Lin3 years ago
The Book does over exaggerate a bit, but the Idea of the Han identity is true.
这本书确实有点太夸张了,但关于汉族身份的观点是对的。
Troy Parfitton December 31, 2011
Martin Jacques's When China Rules the World is well written, nicely packaged, and fails utterly in explaining why China is going to rule the world. But then, maybe we should it expect it to. After all, it's not called Why China Will Rule the World, but with a title like the one it has, one can be forgiven for expecting a concrete explanation.
In this book, you'll find academic prose, a massive sext bibliography, 70 pages of notes, lovely maps and graphs, omissions of key evidence, wild speculation, unforgiveable leaps in logic, stupefying factual errors (Sun Yat-sen's philosophy was not influenced by M it was influenced by Abraham Lincoln), and a thesis that, if you will, repeatedly repeats itself repeatedly, but offers little in the way of support.
Before we look at the tome in toto, let's have a glance at its Taiwan section. The chapter on Taiwan gives a fairly accurate overview of China's and Taiwan's political history since 1949 and notes that 2009 saw a thaw in cross-strait relations. The two sides signed agreements regarding direct flights, and so on, therefore there might be `a resolution of disputes in the relatively near future.'
But those agreements were signed by the Nationalist Party, the organization that turned Taiwan into the Republic of China upon losing the Chinese Civil War. Never mind that China and Taiwan were only ever nominally united, and for a very short time (something Jacques fails to mention), a chief aim of the Nationalist Party is so-called reunification. Because it can't have &reunification,& the Nationalists settle for closer ties with China. &Reunification& is impossible because the Nationalist Party's rival, the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), won't allow for it. Moreover, supporters from both parties don't want it. Polls regularly show that something like 90 percent of Taiwanese people want nothing to do with China politically. The Taiwanese are incredibly passionate and politically motivated, and they make frequent use of their democratic right to demonstrate. Futurology is a fool's game, but I would stake my life on the people of Taiwan turning their country on its head before capitulating to Beijing or being sold out by the Nationalists in Taipei.
Jacques says that if the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) gets re-elected and declares independence, China will likely invade Taiwan, but it's highly unlikely the DPP will declare independence because their supporters don't want them to. Something like 70 percent of Taiwanese people wish to keep the status quo. The Nationalists and many of their supporters would never go in for independence, neither would the United States. Politically, Taiwan represents a political conundrum and cross-strait relations are a knotty, complex affair. But not to Martin Jacques, who says `thin one day they might be resolved' (quotation marks are mine). Such a sentiment is the type of hare-brained sloganeering you'd find on a Communist Party propaganda banner. Jacques has to say a solution is possible because if China is really going to rule the world, a prerequisite would be to gain control over the tiny, nearby, Chinese island that has underscored China's impotence for six decades.
I mention the Taiwan section because it is representative of the rest of the book. With print, you can make obstacles and complexities disappear by not mentioning them, and you can make any scenario seem plausible. Just use the words `possibly,' `likely,' and `perhaps,' and for variety's sake, or to sound authoritative, say that certain events will transpire. Using the word `will' makes you sound like an expert. Don't complicate things with the word `because' because that only leads to claims that people can dispute.
The thesis statement for When China Rules the World can be found on p. 15: &It is banal, therefore, to believe that China's influence on the world will be mainly and overwhelmingly economic: on the contrary, it's political and cultural effects are likely to be as far-reaching. The underlying argument of the book is that China's impact on the world will be as great as that of the United States over the last century, probably far greater.&
But why will it be greater?
You read the book's two parts (I: The End of the Western World, II: The Age of China) and sift through their many subsections (e.g. Beijing as The New Global Capital) only to find the flimsiest of evidence.
Naturally, the reader wonders, `When China rules the world, in what language will the world take its instructions?' and Martin Jacques deals with this in the section `Can You Speak Mandarin?' Here, we find the usual: Mandarin has become popular as a second language in countries like South Korea and Thailand. It still hasn't taken off in the West, however, perhaps because of the US's and UK's &abiding linguistic insularity and their failure to comprehend the wide-ranging implications of China's rise.& Jacques goes on to say that Mandarin &will probably in time join English as a global lingua franca and perhaps eventually surpass it.& And then: &The nascent competition between English and Mandarin for the status of global lingua franca... is fascinating... because... they could hardly be more different: one alphabetic, the other pictographic....& Only, there is virtually no competition between English and Mandarin, and the situation is not nascent. Furthermore, Chinese scxt is not pictographic. This gaffe, along with the fact Jacques cannot pronounce the Chinese words he attempts to slip into conversation in his promotional videos, are clear indicators he doesn't speak Mandarin. Not that I'm calling Mr. Jacques a hypocrite. That would be a grave insult to hypocrites everywhere. Perhaps it's just that Jacques prefers to cling to his linguistic insularity and fails to comprehend the wide-ranging implications of China's rise.
I was especially curious to see what Mr. Jacques would say vis-a-vis the exportation or appeal of Chinese culture. The relevant section is a mere three pages long. As examples, Jacques holds up Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Chinese food, and what he calls the &global reach of traditional Chinese medicine.& But Chinese medicine doesn't have a global reach. Western medicine does. Chinese doctors practise Western medicine. They read medical journals in English. They become doctors by studying textbooks printed in London, Boston, and New York. Ask a Chinese doctor about traditional Chinese medicine and they're likely to tell you it's quackery. Also exportable, Jacques says, is kungfu, interesting to me because during the decade I lived in Chinese society I never met a single person who studied kungfu. I never witnessed anyone never saw a single kungfu school. There are kungfu comic books and movies from Hong Kong, but they are, like Jacques's arguments, puerile.
The author's examples go from superficial and silly to downright absurd. While acknowledging China's media outlets don't compare with the BBC, the writer says the potential of the People's Daily and CCTV (China Central Television) shouldn't be disregarded. The People's Daily and CCTV are propaganda outlets for the Chinese Communist Party. Martin Jacques was the editor of the Communist Party of Great Britain's Marxism Today for 14 years. Not surprisingly, that's not mentioned in the book either.
In addition to being a Marxist, Martin Jacques is a dyed-in-the-wool Sinophile, and in the end, Sinophiles are all the same: they are knowledgeable, articulate, dedicated embellishers. About the closest the author comes to explaining his thesis is by saying China will come out on top because it is not a nation-state, but a civilization state - only there's no such phrase a it's a term Jacques invented. Jacques, and other Sinophiles, would have you believe that China is exceptional, not subject to analysis applicable to the world's other countries and cultural entities. China is different. In fact, it's so different the English language lacks the terminology to deal with it, but luckily for us, Martin Jacques has a patent on the required lexical items, and he'll share them for just $29.95. Sinophiles resurrect the old ethos that China is mystical, inscrutable. They would have you believe that China is nigh impossible to understand and oh-so-hard to explain - unless they are the ones explaining it.
Martin Jacque's When China Rules the World represents a wish, an exercise in pro-China propaganda, or both. The Englishman's argument is unsubstantiated, graph-and-chart infused, pseudo-academic tosh. The concept of China ruling the world has nothing to do with China studies and is the wrong lens through which to view that country. There are plenty of highly engaging, informative, and honest, China books out there. This isn't one of them.
Troy Parfitt is the author of Why China Will Never Rule the World
Martin Jacques的《当中国统治世界》写的好,包装也很好,但没有完全解释为什么中国将统治世界。但是,也许我们应该期待这一点。毕竟这本书不叫《为什么中国会统治世界》,但它有这样的一个标题,期待一个具体的解释也是可以原谅的。
在这本书中,你会发现学术文章,巨大的可选书目,70页的注解,可爱的地图和图表,关键证据遗漏,天马行空的猜测,逻辑上不可原谅的跳跃,令人惊愕的错误事实(孙中山哲学并未受到孟子影响,而是由亚伯拉罕林肯的影响),和一篇论文,而且随心所欲的多次反复的重复,但很少提供论据。
在看TOTO的章节之前,让我们先看看它关于台湾的部分。台湾章节相当准确的概述了自1949年中国和台湾的政治历史,并指出在2009年两岸关系实现解冻。双方就直航等问题签订了协议,因此可能会在相对较近的将来解决争端。
但这些协定是国民党签订的,这个组织使台湾在中国失败内战后成为ROC。更不用说中国和台湾只是名义上的统一,并且只持续了很短的时间(Jacques没有提到这一点),国民党的主要宗旨之一就是所谓的统一。因为未能实现“统一”,国民的满足于与中国建立更紧密的联系。因为国民党的对手民进党(DPP)不会允许,所以“统一”是不可能的。此外,两党的支持者都不想要。定期的民意调查表明大约90%的台湾人不想与中国发生政治关系。台湾拥有令人难以置信的热情和政治动机,他们频繁的使用自己的民主权利去示威游行。未来学是傻瓜的游戏,在台湾向北京投降或被台北的国民党出卖之前,但我会用我的性命支持它的人民把他们的国家作为头衔。
Jacques说,如果民进党(DPP)获得连任,并宣布独立,中国可能会入侵台湾,但民进党不太可能会宣布独立,因为他们的支持者不希望他们那么做。大约70%的台湾人希望维持现状。国民党和他们的许多支持者也不会支持独立,美国也不会。政治上,台湾是政治难题的代名词,两岸关系错综复杂。但对Martin Jacques并非如此,他说:“事情变得越来越好,有一天他们可能会解决”(引号是我加的)。这种意见是一种轻率的标语,可以在GCD的宣传横幅上找到类似的话。Jacques不得不说解决方案是可能的,如果中国真的要统治世界的,前提是要实现对那个微小的,邻近的,中国的岛屿的控制,而后者已经强调天朝的无能长达六十年之久。
我提到台湾章节因为它代表了这本书的其余部分。通过印刷,你可以用不提他们的办法让障碍和复杂性消失,你可以伪造任何貌似可信的场景。只要用“可能”、“好像”和“也许”这些词汇,为了多样化起见,或听起来像权威,说某些事情会发生时,用“将要”这个词会让你听起来像个专家。不要用“因为”这个词会让事情复杂化,因为“因为”只会让人们争论你的主张。
《当中国统治世界》的中心句可以在15页找到:“所以认为中国对世界的影响将主要和绝大多数体现在经济方面,这是老生常谈:恰恰相反,中国的政治和文化影响可能很深远。本书的基本论点是,中国对世界的影响将会很大,可能与美国在上个世纪的影响同样大,或许更大。”
但为什么中国的影响会更大?
读这本书的两部分(第一部分:西方世界的终结;第二部分:中国时代),并筛选过很多章节(如北京成为新的全球资本),却只能找莫须有的证据。
当然,读者会问,`当中国统治世界的时候,世界将用什么语言接受它的指令?”Martin Jacques在“你会说普通话?”一节中讨论了这个问题。在这里,我们发现了通常的情况:在韩国和泰国等国,普通话已经成为第二语言。但它还没有开始在西方流行,然而或许是因为美国和英国的“持久的语言封闭性和未能理解中国崛起的广泛影响。”Jacques继续说普通话“可能会及时与英语一起作为全球通用语言,也许最终会超过后者。”然后说:“英语和汉语之间对全球通用语地位的竞争刚刚开始,……这种竞争是迷人的…因为……他们的不同不可能更大了:一个字母的,另一个是象形的……”只是英语和普通话之间实际上几乎没有竞争,而且这种情况并非刚刚出现。此外,汉字不是象形文字。这种失态,再加上Jacques不会读汉字的事实——他曾试图在他的宣传视频的谈话里加入汉字,确切的表明他不会说普通话。我并不是说Jacques先生是一个伪君子。因为那是对伪君子的一种严重侮辱。也许Jacques只是喜欢坚持自己的语言的封闭性,并且无法理解中国崛起的广泛影响。
我特别想知道Jacques先生会就中国文化的输出或吸引力问题说点什么。而相关的部分只有三页。Jacques举例说卧虎藏龙,中餐,和他所谓的“遍布全球”的中医,但是中医并没有遍布全球。而西医确实是这样。中国医生执业西医,他们阅读英文医学期刊,他们通过学习伦敦,波士顿和纽约印刷的教材成为医生。如果向一个中国医生询问中医,他们会告诉你这是骗人的把戏。Jacques说,中国也可以输出的还有功夫,然而有趣的是,在生活在中国社会的十年中,我从来没有见过一个人研究功夫,从来没见过穿功夫制服的人,从来没看过一所功夫学校。虽然有来自香港的功夫漫画书和电影,但它们就像Jacques的论点一样薄利多销。
作者的例子从肤浅和愚蠢到彻头彻尾的荒谬。虽然承认中国的媒体不能与BBC相比,但作者说的人民日报和CCTV(中国中央电视台)的潜力不可忽视。人民日报和中央电视台是不过是CCP的宣传中心。而Martin Jacques担任英国***《今日马克思主义》杂志编辑长达14年。毫不奇怪的是书中也没有提到这一点。
除了是一个马克思主义者,Martin Jacques还是一个彻头彻尾的亲华派,而最终亲华派都是一样的:他们知识渊博,口齿伶俐,专注于粉饰太平。作者在他的论文中用于解释中国将脱颖而出的最接近的原因,因为它不是一个民族国家,而是一个文明国家。只是并不存在“文明国家”这个短语,它是Jacques发明的一个术语。Jacques和其他亲华派,会让你相信中国是例外的,用于世界其他国家和文化实体的分析方法不适用于中国。中国是不同的。事实上中国是如此的不同,以至于英语语言中找不到与它对应的专有名词,但幸运的是,Martin Jacques对我们需要的词项享有专利,而且他会分享给大家,只需要29.95美元。亲华派挖掘出古旧的文风,称中国神秘且不可思议。他们会让你相信中国几乎是无法理解的,很难解释--除非由他们来解释。
Martin Jacque的《当中国统治世界》代表了一个希望,一种支持中国的宣传运动,或两者皆有。这个英国人的说法毫无根据,书里充斥着图形图表和伪学术的话。中国统治世界的概念与中国的研究毫无关系,如果通过它来查看那个国家就大错特错。别的地方还有很多极具吸引力、见闻广博且诚实的关于中国的书籍。而这本书并不是其中之一。
Troy Parfitt是《为什么中国不会统治世界》的作者
-China Author Forum
Did we read the same book? Jacques didn't come off as a Sinophile at all! I thought he spent most of the book blaming China for killing his wife...
我们读的是同一本书吗?Jacques根本没有表现得亲华!我认为他大部分的书都在指责中国杀害他的妻子……
Thanks for your thorough review. Out of curiosity, what would you consider some of the &highly engaging, informative, and honest China books& that someone might read instead of this one?
感谢你彻底的评论。出于好奇,你认为哪些书算得上可以替代本书的“极具吸引力,增长见闻和诚实的中国书”?
-Troy Parfitt
If you want to understand China, you've got to know its history. Try Jonathan Fenby and Jonathan Spence. For a more contemporay look, I'd suggest Peter Hessler.
如果你想了解中国,你必须知道它的历史。试试Jonathan Fenby和Jonathan Spence的书。如果要更现代的书,我建议看Peter Hessler。
-deepak s fernandes
Thank you for this review. It helped me decide about not purchasing the book.
谢谢你的评论。它让我决定不买这本书。
-Amazon Customer
Great review. Totally agree with you about Spence, Fenby and Hessler. There's also a recent book by a guy called Michael Meyer called &In Manchuria& - also a much better (and far more informative) read.
很好的评论。完全同意你关于Spence, Fenby和Hessler的看法。最近还有一个叫Michael Meyer的家伙写的一本名为“满洲里”的书,也更值得一读(更加见闻广博)。
-getsomesleep
Why you so butt hurt by the facts of the book?
这本书的事实烧到你的屁股了?
金钱 +2000
感谢翻译,感谢对龙腾网的支持。
我也想看看。。。
给中国拉仇恨了&&
15年出版的。现在已经17年了。以中国的速度,现在书里面的一些案例现象也有点过时了吧...
看了第一版的中文译本。马丁其实总体上算是了解中国的。但是一些细节上其实有点微妙。大趋势我不知道,但是至少,不用西方长久以来一直习惯的话语体系来套中国的事情,这个态度是完全客观正确的。结论是不是准我不说。毕竟我自己是中国人,我很希望他说的变成现实。不过有一点必须指出,我不是很确定马丁说的重建朝贡体系的定义。毕竟我们现在已经彻底走进了重商主义。进贡以什么形式来完成呢?回赐又怎么做?在这点上我觉得马丁应该对一个“进入工业文明的中华文明”展开更大胆的想象。不要用过去的历史模式去套用。
15年出版的。现在已经17年了。以中国的速度,现在书里面的一些案例现象也有点过时了吧...
看到评论里说的台湾问题。确实台湾问题发生了一些与他想象当中完全不一样的地方。他其实并没有太好地了解台湾实际的状况。就中国大陆平民的角度去观察,我个人觉得台湾和平统一的希望极度渺茫。结合香港的情况来看,台湾最好的结果是北平模式。最差的结果是迅速武统。他自愿归顺不符合周边一切大国的利益诉求。所以作为狗来说,台湾一定没有可能主动归顺,虽然这种方法对他自己的利益最大。
龙腾移动网页版
其实还是有许多意淫成本的,毕竟卖观点需要实例,找实例就会有挑拣,作者有预先的立场,得到的必然是他需要的结论。
只看过第一版,网上有掌阅精品书。
现在亚洲怎么了?怎么变成了中国VS西方。东方=中国了吗?
说实话真不希望这样的书再有出现了,还是中国崩溃论什么的让我更喜欢。
这是欧洲战略忽悠局的阴谋,大家千万千万要记住,我们国家还有很多问题,仍然是发展中国家。不要受他们蛊惑捧杀。
公……公知
从1945年二战结束世界稳定后,美国正式领头并统治世界有70多年了吧?好吧,让你100年,算你200年,但……你还是没经验。嗯,与中国引领世界的时间相比,你连个孩子都算不上,好吧...全当你是个孩子,可你是个问题百出的孩子,还是那句话:你!没!经!验!你没有领导世界的经验。嗯,小美,你会夭折......好吧,我为你祈祷。
来个第一版,给大家看看。这老头儿,基本上对中国的研究非常深入,是个中国通了。而且比较客观。
有兴趣的,可以下载。将近9MB,龙腾不让上传。只好给个链接,自己去下吧。PDF的。
这评论也太老了吧,现在我看2016年都觉得过时。。。
感谢译者分享
国内应该没出版过吧
公知的祖师爷
有台蛙乱入!
赶紧再看一遍《中国即将崩溃》来压压惊。。。战忽局数十载的努力不能就在这个人手上毁了
Troy Parfitton台蛙是这个,名字我找错了,呵呵
就是那种表面上好像说好话好其实切开全是黑的那种书
台蛙推荐的是乔纳森·芬比著有蒋介石传,还有何伟一个对中国充满偏见的美国记者,著有江城》和《寻路中国》《甲骨》
《华尔街日报》网络版:中国共有56个民族。中国是否会有一天像前苏联那样分裂?
何伟:当你在中国旅行时,的确可以看到形形***的地方。有许多民族地区,也有许多风俗文化和语言。但他们却创造了难以置信的统一。这应归结于共同的历史和文化。普通中国人非常爱国,不愿看到国家分裂。他们为祖国自豪,统一对他们非常重要。他们不会愿意看到有哪个省份从中分离出去。
《蒋介石传》&&作者:布赖恩·克罗泽& &出版社:国际文化出版公司
看吧国内和台蛙看的《蒋介石传》都是两个不同的人写的,可见台蛙更喜欢美化过的蒋介石
这书国内是不是被禁的?
西方希望财富、全球化和政治一体化将把中国转变为一个温和的巨人…但Jacques说,这是一种错觉。时间不会使中国更西方化;而会使西方和世界,更加的中国化
========================================================================
有他x的这么给自己脸上贴金的么?西方何曾温和过?血债累累的刽子手真有脸!!!
这书国内是不是被禁的?
去15楼下载。不旦发售了,还有不少重量级人物作序。马丁雅克老头不认识么?去搜一下视频嘛。
龙腾移动网页版
建议西方的小伙伴们看章教授的中国崩溃论
龙腾移动网页版
说到西医……