“Feel like a real F1 driver. Editors' Choice Award”
4.5/5 -
“The franchise’s most complete iteration yet.”
8/10 -
“A mouth-watering selection of classic F1 cars, drivers and tracks.”
8/10 -
Full Controller Support
About This Game
Make history in FORMULA ONE(TM)! F1(TM) 2013 features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP(TM) plus, for the first time, classic content. F1 Classics is an expansive new game mode, introduced by legendary broadcaster Murray Walker, in which you’ll race legendary drivers in famous cars on iconic circuits from the 1980s. This classic content can be played in a range of modes including split-screen and online multiplayer.
F1 2013 also features all of the new drivers, team moves, tyre changes and remodelled handling to recreate the thrill of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE cars. New enhancements, improvements plus new, expanded and returning game modes combine to deliver the most complete simulation of a FORMULA ONE season in videogame history.
F1 2013: CLASSIC
EDITION is a premium package which features all the cars, stars and circuits from the 2013 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP plus, for the first time in the series, classic content. F1 Classics is an expansive new game mode in which you’ll race legendary drivers in famous cars at iconic circuits from the 1980s. F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION also features extra content from the 1990s and additional Classic Tracks which can be played in F1 Classics, split-screen and online multiplayer. F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION also features all of the new drivers, team moves, tyre changes and remodelled handling to recreate the thrill of racing 2013’s stunning roster of FORMULA ONE cars. New enhancements, improvements plus new, expanded and returning game modes combine to deliver the most complete simulation of a FORMULA ONE season in videogame history.
1990s Content (F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION only)
1992 Ferrari F92 A
Original Driver: Jean Alesi
Team Legend: Ivan Capelli
1992 Williams Fw14b
Original Driver: Nigel Mansell
Team Legend: David Coulthard
1996 Ferrari F310
Original Driver: Michael Schumacher
Team Legend: Gerhard Berger
1996 Williams Fw18
Original Driver: Damon Hill
Original Driver: Jacques Villeneuve
1999 Ferrari F399
Original Driver: Eddie Irvine
Team Legend: Jody Scheckter
1999 Williams Fw21
Original Driver: Ralf Schumacher
Team Legend: Alain Prost
Classic Tracks Pack (F1 2013: CLASSIC EDITION only)
Imola- Former Host Of the San Marino Grand Prix(TM)
Estoril - former home of the Portuguese Grand Prix
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD HD2600 or NVIDIA Geforce 8600
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards: oAMD Radeon HD2600 or higher, HD3650 or higher, HD4550 or higher, HD5000 Series, HD6000 Series, HD7000 Series. onVidia GeForce 8600 or higher, 9500 or higher, GTX220 or higher, GTX400 Series, GTX500 Series, GTX600 Series. Intel HD Graphics 3000 or higher, AMD Fusion A8 or higher.
Recommended:
or Windows 8
Processor: Intel Core i7/AMD Bulldozer
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD HD6000 Series/Nvidia GTX500 Series minimum 1GB RAM
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: Direct X compatible soundcard
Additional Notes: Supported Graphics Cards: oAMD Radeon HD2600 or higher, HD3650 or higher, HD4550 or higher, HD5000 Series, HD6000 Series, HD7000 Series. onVidia GeForce 8600 or higher, 9500 or higher, GTX220 or higher, GTX400 Series, GTX500 Series, GTX600 Series. Intel HD Graphics 3000 or higher, AMD Fusion A8 or higher.
Minimum:
Processor: 2.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512MB VRAM - AMD 4xxx series, Nvidia 6xx series, Intel HD4000 series or better
Additional Notes: The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series, NVIDIA 9xxx series, NVIDIA 3xx series and NVIDIA 1xx series. The following cards require you to have 8GB of System RAM: Intel HD4000.
Recommended:
Processor: 3.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB VRAM - AMD 6xxx series, Nvidia 6xx series, Intel IrisPro or better
(C) 2013 The Codemasters Software Company Limited (&Codemasters&). All rights reserved. &Codemasters”(R) , “Ego”(R) and the Codemasters logo are registered trademarks owned by Codemasters. “Codemasters Racing”(TM) and “RaceNet”(TM) are trademarks of Codemasters. An official product of the FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
FORMULA 1, FORMULA ONE, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula One group company.
Licensed by Formula One World Championship Limited. All rights reserved.
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Developed and published by Codemasters.
All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are being used under license. Unauthorised copying, adaptation, rental, lending, re-sale, arcade use, charging for use, broadcast, cable transmission, public performance, distribution or extraction of this product or any trademark or copyright work that forms part of this product is prohibited. Developed and published by Codemasters.[/img]
More like this
Very Positive
(3,068 reviews)
Review Type
All&(3,189)
Positive&(2,733)
Negative&(456)
Purchase Type
All&(3,189)
Steam Purchasers&(3,068)
Key Activations&(121)
All Languages&(3,189)
Your Languages&(1,195)
Display As:
Most Helpful
1,154 reviews match the filters above
( Very Positive)
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
i love the car handling. but i hate the braking system.Love 1990 % 2000 car
F1 2013 Is the best F1 game I have played yet, Discounting F1 2016. It is the first and only (yet) game to include classic cars and tracks from the 80's and 90's which really enhances the experience for me. However, Up sides away a few of the down sides include poor AI, a rather lacking Career Mode in the sense of career options and all in all things to do. I recommend this game for the attention to detail via Cars and Tracks however you may not enjoy this game if you want a truly simulated F1 game.
Not for safe space craving millenials. You will lose at first. Use ABS. Use the driving line. Use brake assist if you really suck. Learn throttle control or learn to love walls. Try GP mode with the Red Bull car first because you will get destroyed at career. Most negatives are from those with few hours or those with obvious hardware problems. 360 controller works perfectly. It IS a port. Keyboard and mouse? it's 2016 folks, seriously. Use pit assist. Use traction control. Dont have 30 hours to learn to race clean? Stick with Gran Turismo. Is it perfect? No. Is it fun? Probably not if you expect to win races within minutes. The tutorials are excessive, yes but take less than an hour. One of the harder simcade racers ever made. Well worth the time and effort, the Demon's Souls of the genre.
I've been trying to decide which F1 game I should spend time on.It was a three way toss up between F1 Championship edition (PS3 only), F1 2010, or F1 2013.Initially, Championship edition was the most fun out of the box - good sense of speed and an arcadey rush when playing.F1 2010 seemed like a solid game also, and easier to get into than F1 2013.F1 2013 was actually my least favourite - uninspiring menu system & very step learning curve. However, after putting in a bit of practice, it's now probably my favourite F1 gameYes, it's hard - you have to really ease on the throttle when coming out of corners or you WILL spin out.The AI is also tough, they clock very competitive lap timesI recently got a powerful gaming laptop so was able to really max out the graphic settings in this game - it looks great and runs SO smooth.For me, smoothness in racing games is a must.I've basically been racing on just one track lately (Silverstone), to see how good I can get and actually have some competitive races.That's when I started to realise how good a game this is.All out full tilt racing neck and neck with competetive AI, as everything whizzes by fluidly with great graphics.Even with the unforgiving (but pretty fair) physics, you can still drive flat out and hurl the car around once you get a feel for what it can take. When you come to tight bends, the physics seem good - late braking is possible, as is early accelerating.. just don't floor it but ease on the gas!Things happen pretty fast in an F1 race - I wouldn't say it's a relaxing experience! I actually prefer touring car style racing games, but this game is a GREAT F1 game in my opinion.It's a shame we can't get a MotoGp game of this standard.
Lawnmover Simulator 2013
I have always been fascinated by motorsports but never paid much attention to F1 somehow. Probably because to me it was basically a glorified supersized go-kart racing. When F1 2012 was put on big discount I decided to give it a try and I was determined not to use assists from the start. I found out that I sucked and was always last in qualifying although I could do better in races. The competitiveness of the game got me hooked over time and I decided to get F1 2014 as well which was also discounted. To cut the story short, after spending many hours in F1 games I've become more adept at F1 racing and I couldn't help but bought F1 2013 at full price after reading it was the best of the series. Well, F1 2013 has even tougher AI than F1 2012 and 2014 so much so I downloaded slower AI which didn't help much until I realized to just tough it out and played with the stock tough AI.By now, I have good memory on how to tackle many circuits....mostly finding the techniques on my own and only then reinforced my understanding by watching in-game videos of circuits.Today, I started playing Assetto Corsa again after a long break from it...mostly because I sucked too at it. I loaded Silverstone which I just played on F1 2013 career mode finishing 4th......I chose GT3 racing and WHAT A SURPRISE FINDING OUT I'M NOW SO MUCH BETTER THAT I ENDED UP WINNING THE RACE. I knew the circuit very well and compared to F1 speeds, GT3 is nothing to write home about. In fact, GT3 cars are so slow and underperforming compared to F1 cars that a big part of the race is fighting the limitation of the car itself such as its much worse braking and acceleration.WHAT A DIFFERENCE playing F1 racing games has been to improve my virtual racing skills...I know the physics in Codemasters F1 games falls short of simulation standard but it's enough to get you to learn the ins and outs of every GP circuit and make you a better racer thanks to the tough AI in these games!If you like tougher AI then F1 2013 is for you. Aside from that and the DLCs I see little value paying full price for F1 2013 if you already own F1 2012 though.Here's a little comparison between F1 games that I own:F1 2012: Great value, great handling physics, capable but not overwhelming AI (AI is at the sweetest spot imo), a minor bug in helmet visor texture, still looks good for 2016's standard, cars have V8 engine with awesome sound and you get to race as or with Michael Schumacher (2012 is his final racing year)F1 2013: Bad value since it's not been discounted for couple years now, at slow speeds the cars are more twitchy while at higher speeds the cars feel a tiny bit more arcade than F1 2012, rather overwhelming AI that can shock new players, bug: AI water spray isn't being shown in replay, a bit prettier than F1 2012, cars have V8 engine with awesome sound though there's no longer Michael Schumacher in the game, DLCs allow you to race in 1980s and 1990s F1 cars although the track and team lists are lacking.F1 2014: Good value when discounted, handling is quite a bit more arcade compared to previous iterations and suffers from understeer, good AI that's not as overwhelming as F1 2013, bug: AI water spray isn't being shown in replay, prettier than F1 2013, all teams are unlocked from the start in career mode so you don't have to start in a low tier team, has unlimited replay option that alleviates any worry of you ruining a race due to short lapses of concentration, cars have new turbocharged V6 engine with underwhelming sound...
Really great game - especially the career mode which is the most important feature for me. Subsequent versions lack the abiltiy to make your own driver and make your way up the ranks, which this one has. Very entertaining and well put together. Still room for more features but overall a really enjoyable experience.
Just a good gameWhat can i say more?
I was hesitating between Assetto Corsa and Project Cars to play on a good PC, but in the end I bought F1 2013 yesterday (02 July 2016) and... I can't believe it.Let me explain :I'd never played a Codemasters F1 game before.I'm used to Gran Turismo(s) and NFS Shift 2. I use a gamepad with manual transmission, always the same custom settings (gears on the right stick)
and all the driving assistance removed. To make up my mind between Assetto Corsa and Project Cars, I tried to understand what I truly loved about racing games, and which one would give me the best experience for it.I like the history of motorsports and vehicule design. I want to be able to &feel the car on the road in my fingers& when I play. I'm not a huge fan of drift or rally, and I don't want to drive standart cars anymore. What I really love is the track, trying to achieve the perfect trajectory on the highest speed with a powerful and beautiful monster that I can barely control. My favorite circuit is Suzuka GP, either with a Le Mans proto, a GT3, a JGTC or the best for me, a Formula car.So I looked at the Formula offer for ACorsa and PCars respectively. original games only, no mods allowed.At first Pcars had my preference, the car selection seemed more racing-oriented than ACorsa.Then I remembered that PCars 2 was already annonced, and my lust for its Lotus F1 died.Then I looked at Assetto Corsa and the offer for F1 was...meeeeh, apart from a planned DLC with the Ferrari SF15-T.Which instantly reminded me of this game, F1 2013 and the historic DLC. Never thought about it before, since its release.Then I had a look here and said to myself : &Hmmm... I'll buy that, we'll see& And this game is GREAT OoI can't believe it.I've found almost everything I love in a racing game, combined with a surprisingly good gameplay. Honestly for me, with realistic settings and no driving assistance it is almost on the level of Gran Turismo.I have no more words to describe my **cking surprise. There is one strange thing that I can't explain : The replays don't look good. I find the game and the cars gorgeous (every graphic setting on Ultra ^^ ). The &just-above-the-cockpit& view is one of the best looking and most realistic racing view I've seen IN MY LIFE (the sound, the speed, the particules, the lightning, the rain,,.. THE RAIN EFFECT Oo !!!), but the replays look almost like Gran Turismo 4. Also, in this game, the human beings look dead in their eyes.Thankfully the cars are A LOT more alive.EDIT : I learned later that 2013 was the last year with V8 motors in Formula One, so it was the last year you could hear the cars &screaming& instead of &roaring&, and you can hear that beautiful sound in the game. Also, there are A LOT of crazy mods on
you can customize your game to your taste and upgrade the graphics and effects, it's madness.And once again, the driving without assistance in &realistics& settings is really, really, really good. You need to know your car and the track at the perfection to be competitive. You almost have to be in &The Zone& from the start to the end of the race, it can be very exhausting.F1 2013 is definitely one of my all times favorites.
This WAS a good title for sure, but now Only if you have an old wheel like a g27 or older. The new wheels that work with the new gen of consoles and pcs like g29 and TS300 ect Do NOT have fuctioning force feedback or wheel weight which kills the experience. I wish they'd do a patch to make the newer generation of wheels to work but I doubt they'll ever do that. So with that said it's really not worth it, the 2015 game puts this title to shame in car simulation, handling, braking, graphics and really ever single aspect of driving. Both have dead multiplayer so you can forget that with any F1 title really. 2015 is lacking multi season contiuning career but it honestly doesn't effect anything... Just pick a diff team after your first season and boom it's the same effect.. The R&D missing isn't that big of a deal imo as in 2013 the prob is your AI teammate has ALL the upgrades from the first race and you don't so that was broken anyway. Also it should be said that newest 2016 version brings back multi season career, brings back and vastly improves R&D and of course has all the vastly superiour car simluation, handling, braking, weight transfer, grip, tire deg, AI, fuel usage upgrades and massively better graphics and track scaling. If you want the best, most realistic F1 driving experience look to '15 or '16 as '13 is the past and it shows BADLY when going back to it from the newer games.
52 people found this review funny
F1 2013 & F1 2014F1 2013 & F1 2012F1 2012 & F1 2014F1 2014 & F1 2015I think that sums it up.
Was this review helpful?
After having clocked up a fair old number of hours, I think that I've reached the point that I can write a reasonable and considered review, but before launching into it, I'd like to make the point that I've never played F1 2012. As such, I can't make a comparison, and a feeling that has been concurrent amongst many previous reviews, that it's not worth the purchase if you have the last iteration, is one that I can't make a comment on. Now onto the review.First of all, I've enjoyed pretty much every single of the 370 hours (at the time of writing) that I've played. That's quite an achievement - even the ultimate in open world RPGs, Skyrim, has only got 280 hours on my account. And that's across three playthroughs. There are negatives - of course there are, what game doesn't have them? But they are on the whole overshadowed by the numerous pros.SingleplayerI got my wheel at the same time as the game, and it took me quite some time to readjust. Thus, Singleplayer played a large part in my experience of the game - and it's pretty good. The Career, I'll be honest, is uninspiring - just five seasons around the same 19 tracks against all the same drivers in all the same cars - but when you consider that this is an F1 game, that's not surprising. I'm still only up to Spa in Season 1 - that's Race 11, I believe, after having some difficulty with Corrupt Save Files, and I'm not really eating up the miles in the same way as I used to.
Admittedly, to begin with, it's addictive - intoxicating, to an extent. Especially with a wheel, it's a very engaging game, and once you begin fiddling with the strategy, and the setups, even with a very average AI, it's great. I managed to clock the equivalent of a full 100% season before I started tiring of it.
And then after that, Codemasters have done a very decent job of fleshing it out with some excellent stand-alone features. There's the stock standard Time Trial, and Time Attack (For which you are awarded medals based on how fast you go), in addition to the Scenario Mode feature, which is good fun - placing you in a range of - you guessed it - scenarios, and then assigning you a score based on your performance. Throughout all this are the leaderboards, which is a nice touch, especially when competing with friends (I'm in a battle around Brands Hatch currently), and the only slightly saddening touch is that there are some people out there who aren't racing honestly, and ruining the very top of the leaderboard.
All in all, the singleplayer section is initially exciting, but this fades with time. Nevertheless, it was worth the ?8 I payed on Amazon all by itself.MultiplayerThe Multiplayer aspect of the game is the one that I now live for, and play pretty much exclusively. It's also very contrevsial.I suppose I should probably start by adressing the really major problem, and that is the strength and consistency of the connections. I race in a competetive league (link at the bottom), yet each race, of the 12-16 player grid, around 2-6 players lose connection - even those with a strong internet service. This is irritating, but it doesn't happen all that often, and it's easy enough to work around on a small scale.
Now onto the praise. It's great. I mean really great. True, in terms of variety, it's not fantastic. You can only do races. But again, that's what F1 is about - racing. So no complaints there. But if you can find friends who play - or better, make friends out of like minded players - and you have some way of communicating with them during the race (e.g. Teamspeak, Evolve or Skype), then it's fantasic, more so if you're equally matched, because you can really relate. I won't delve into all the good things about multiplayer gaming, but it's a wonderful escape from reality.
Quite possibly the best thing about the Multiplayer is the number of Racing Leagues out there. While the quick race lobbies are usually scarcely populated, and frequented by intentionally dangerous drivers, the community aspect of a small league is very attractive, and it means that you can race regularly against player of a similar ability to you in an attempt to improve. Again, I won't wax eloquent about the merits of Race Leagues - but they are fantastic fun.ClassicsI'll be honest, the Classics section does feel like somewhat of an afterthought. There are a small selection of cars, with a slightly less small collection of Legendary drivers, which you can race as, but it's definitely not a game in it's own right - there is no career, the addition tracks are beautifully done but there are only four of them (two without the DLC), and though the cars look and sound gorgeous, the small selection and obvious performance gap means that it's hard to have a really decent race. A novelty, but a nice one, and it serves to refresh your enthusiasm for the game occasionally by doing away with the repetition that is running round a track like China 50-odd times.As a SimIf you're looking for a Sim, then sorry, you're in completly the wrong place. Though harsh, F1 2013 falls probably half way between Grid 2 (Ultra Arcade) and Race 07 (Total Sim).
The tyre wear feels scripted. There are limited setup options, and most of them don't really make a difference to the way the car feels, or drives. Even without any assists, with a soft suspension you can absolutely floor the throttle mid way through a corner, and be on your way without any drama, even around a low grip circuit like Hungaroring. It's not a sim. It doesn't feel even remotely feel like one, and if a Sim is what you want, then go buy Assetto Corsa or Race 07. That said, it's good for a casual gamer looking for an experience that's more Simmy than normal.The AIOne of my few major complaints about the game, the AI are average at best, and for a premium title that suggests an Intel i7
is the way to go, average disappoints me. They're overly aggressive, and yet they struggle to overtake. They are also poor at defending - you can dive it up the inside of pretty much any corner in the calender, and they'll leave you room. On the lower difficulty levels, they're little more than fodder, though admittedly, it takes some time to get up to speed. However.Similarly to F1, overtaking isn't a massive aspect. It's more about flawless consistency and excellent pace - and in those category, the AI shine. There are few enough races that I notice the AI in gravel traps or barriers (Monaco being the one exception), and even after 370 hours, in the Sauber, I'm only just fast enough to win on Expert (level 4 out of 5). So while not engaging in terms of their racecraft, they do what they're meant to, and the do it well, and it doesn't spoil the game in the same way that the first half of this section suggests it might.Noticable Absences-Free Practice Sessions 1 and 2. It only allows you an hour per race before qualifying to do setup and R&D work.-Formation Lap-Cool Down Lap-In race settings. You can't adjust, for instance, you're diff while on track, and even Brakes and Fuel only have three settings.-Variety of in game clips. Even if you win a world championship, you only get to see your typical 'I've one a race' fistpump shot.ConclusionBuy it.It's a very good game. It's solid all the way through, enjoyable to the core, and if you put the time in, rewarding. You will see yourself improve. Trust me on this. If you're a fan of racing games, it's a must. If you're a fan of F1, it's a must. If you're a fan of both, I don't know why you even bothered coming here and reading this. But even if you're not, it's still fun, and it's the best way I've found (Except for reading) of passing two hours. Best of luck in your racing endeavours.
Was this review helpful?
Definitely the best offering yet from Codemasters, with the return of a realistic low speed traction model, and tire scaling, which makes races much more strategic, as they should be.
A lot of early bugs were patched, but there still remains some issues with audio which cuts out at times.
The Classic content was of no interest to me when announced, but it turns out to be one of the more enjoyable parts of the game, as the car models, engine sounds, and handing are all magnificantly done.
That's not to say there is a sim element to the handling yet, with the classics or the 2013 cars.
Sadly, there isn't a sim element to any facet of the game, and in addition to the arcadey handling, the setups are dumbed down, the physics are unrealistic, and the tracks have no life to them.
Laser scanning the tracks though, is not likely within the budget or time available to CM with their yearly release schedule.
As always, the PC version is a bit held back because of the outdated technology in the PS3 and 360, but expect bit things from F1 2014 as we move to PS4 and Xbox One.
For now, this is a good improvement for the series, and the best to date.
Was this review helpful?
&Just, leave me alone, I know what i'm doing!& Kimi Raikkonen
Was this review helpful?
I'm having fun with it.(Just a heads up, I only play single player so I can't speak to anything about multiplayer in this review. )I'm a typical American that didn't know anything about F1 coming into playing this game. In fact, I didn't follow any motorsports at all.
But I decided to try this due to the lack of &sports& games on PC. There aren't too many sports games on PC where I can get my competitive fix in a single player environment so I'm enjoying learning F1. F1 reminds me of golf quite a lot. You're racing yourself more than anybody else. Trying to shave seconds off each lap or even each section of a lap. You can have a very intense lap in a race or qualifying without ever seeing another car. It can also become a feat of endurance piling 30 or more laps on top of one another while maintaining pace. Mix in some tire degradation, minimal fuel management, DRS/KERS, etc. And you got a little bit of strategy to work with and think about too. It really is fun once your learn everything.Then I'm also not a racing &arcade& or racing &sim& aficionado in general so I can't speak to what this game is or isn't in those regards. But I've been enjoying the racing immensely. I started as a very beginning beginner with all sorts of braking assists and low difficulty settings. Since, I have been gradually working my way up and learning and getting better. Assists are going down or off, I'm doing full practice and qualifying, racing longer races, penalties are all on now, etc. There's a learning curve for a complete newbie but its entirely doable. And quite a good challenge if you keep changing the settings with your progression (if it gets easy, punish yourself and change a setting!).I'm just playing with a 360 controller, so no fancy wheel or anything, and it feels fine.The asking price is a little questionable being 2013, but I got it on a sale of course. I'm happy with my purchase and have gotten my money's worth. Heck, I even started watching actual F1 this season. My purchase was fairly close to season start and I've found myself watching replays of every single race. Even made time to watch the Canadian Gran Prix live on TV a few weeks back being in the right time zone.Like I said, I can't speak to the experts and addicts of racing games, but to the newer racers out there looking to try something new at a little cheaper price than the Give it a whirl! I recommend it.Update: Six months later now and I bought a wheel (G27). Yup. I'm hooked on racing games now. And this one is still my favorite. Another whole experience and challenge playing with a wheel. Fun times.
Was this review helpful?
And so the latest incarnation of Codemasters F1 series comes along... and even though it's early days, it's already clear that this is the best of the series. At last the AI makes sense and has had some work put into it... no more will you be getting pole and the win in your Marussia car! You need to put in some performances and get noticed by the bigger teams until they sign you before you can start challenging for podiums and wins. The tyre wear is every bit as problematic as it has been in the real 2013 season, so you have to balance speed, cornering and overtaking aggression with tyre maintenance... something i am terrible at!And of course there is the additional content... The 1980's and 1990's classic cars. For me, the inclusion of the 1980's cars, the great turbo era, makes this game an essential purchase. The difference in acceleration, top speed and handling of the 80's gems compared to the 2013 cars is staggering, giving you a whole new challenge. Hopefully there will be more 1980's and 1990's cars coming in the guise of DLC's (Benetton 189!!!), as well as some more classic circuits (Mexico City and Adelaide please!!). What there is, is fantastic, and there is the promise of more...
Was this review helpful?
F1 2013 & F1 2014F1 2013 & F1 2012F1 2012 & F1 2014F1 2014 & F1 2015I think that sums it up.P.S Played This Game For Like 80Hrs On The Non Steam- Version
Was this review helpful?
11 people found this review funny
my fingers are sweating, its the last lap of the 4 hour long lemans f1 world cup, my finger slips as i shift into 7th gear, simultaneously opening a rift in the sound barrier that sucks all my opponents up leaving me in the #1 spot. at this moment in time im peaking over 375MPh, i feel the raw horse power of my futuristic stallion catapulting me towards victory. with a click of my finger i shift into 17th gear, my helmet melted off 2 laps ago, my cockpit is full of spaghetti. i have to be catious on hairpin turns, because if the spaghetti im marinating in spills over the top of my cockpit, I will be disqualified. by the time i hit 24th gear all my skin has melted off and im a skeleton, but the crowd is cheering as i pass the checkered line. midgets are carrying me to the victory steps for some reason and im handed a golden trophy, all the sudden everything goes black.i wake up in my chair back in my basement, it's pitch black except for the slight flickering glow emitting from my monitor. as i regain consciousness slumped over in my seat, I notice im only wearing whitey tighties. My hairy chest is covered in pasta sauce, chef-bor-r-d. as my monitor is flickering, I begin to see what is on my screen, it is the title screen for F1 2013 Steam Edition. Everything goes black again. I wake up again in an f1 cockpit, at the beginning of the same race. Im scared, hold megood game, 8/10
Was this review helpful?
Although Codemasters has somewhat fixed a few of the glaring issues with the previous f1 game, mainly the awful understeering and the overly aggresive AI, there still are quite a few issues that have yet to be resolved. One of those annoying unresolved issues is with wheel support. I have used both my Logitech Driving Force GT and my Fanatec CSR wheels with f1 2013, and just like the previous game, it still requires a lengthy setup process to get the steering linearity, force feedback, and brake settings just right. Even after the settings are set properly, there's just too many bugs with using the wheel, and sometimes the game just flat out forgets my wheel settings altogether. Some issues i've found with racing wheels include: understeer using my Fanatec wheel (the Logitech wheel seems to remedy this issue); force feedback completely turns off when you don't plug in the wheel BEFORE starting the game, forcing you to quit
force feedback turns off momentarily during cornering, causing the wheel do go &dead& for wheel overly sensitive brake settings (Fanatec CSR pedals with a load cell brake pedal seems to help alleviate this issue). In other words, no matter which wheel I use I will have to put up with one issue or another. This is frustrating and could have been easily avoidable had Codemasters actually took notice of the many forum threads started by users having the SAME EXACT issues in the 2012 release. That's just lazy development/programming if you ask me.Other noticeable annoyances include the penalty system, which although has been improved a bit from the last game, still will award you penalties that you didn't deserve, while giving AI players a pass. The game also suffers from some very poor optimization compared to the last game. In f1 2012, I was able to run the game at the highest graphics settings while still maintaining good fps and with almost no lag. In f1 2013, I have to play the game with medium to low settings, and even then I still get lag and my fps drops well below 30fps whether im on an online or offline race. I wish this were an exaggeration but it's not.Overall, despite some bug fixes, there's just way too many issues and nuisances with playing this game that the overall experience suffers greatly. In addition, there are not nearly enough improvements to f1 2013 to warrant someone to play this version over the previous f1 2012. The career mode and online modes are still all too familiar. If you found yourself frustrated with the previous game like I did, skip this version as well. There's no reason to support a game dev company that refuses to fix blatant ongoing issues with their games.
Was this review helpful?
If you are one of them who liked F1 2012, you will like 2013.The AI is more &human&, and will make more mistakes.That simple thing made me buy 2013 because that is one of the things I didn't like with 2012.And will result in yellow flags and so on, wich is nice and makes the driving a bit more authentic, for me.On a maybe negativ note, I think the 1990's pack and Classic should be something that wasn't a dlc but in the game.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
F1 2013 ROW
F1 2013 Classic Edition
F1 2013 Classic Edition Upgrade
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

参考资料

随机推荐