任务型阅读常用词汇读

欢迎来到21世纪教育网题库中心!
当前位置:首页 > 高中 > 考点:任务型阅读
考点:任务型阅读
Read the following passage. Complete the diagram by using the information from the passage. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.Most scientists are now certain that global warming is taking place. Gases such as carbon dioxide produced by burning of coal, oil, wood, together with industrial pollution, are creating a warm blanket around the earth. This blanket is trapping heat in the atmosphere and so raising the temperature of the earth.The evidence for global warming can now be seen in the world’s changing climate statistics. In Europe, eight of the last ten years have seen record high temperature. For northern Europe, this has generally been a change for the better. Gardens can now even grow tropical plants in England, though London may never see a “White Christmas” again. On the other hand, the countries around the Mediterranean Sea, and those south of the Sahara desert are receiving even less rain than before. In sub-Saharan Africa the crops are drying out in the fields and people are dying of starvation. In the Americans, the climate is becoming more extreme--the summers are getting hotter and the storms are becoming more violent. In 1999 the southern United States was struck by a series of destructive hurricanes, while the end of 1999 saw the worst floods ever in Venezuela. Meteorologists expect such trends to continue, and indeed to worsen, if global warming cannot be stopped.In addition to worrying about rising global temperatures and more extreme weather conditions, scientists are closely monitoring sea levels around the world. These are slowly rising, as the northern and southern polar ice-caps start to melt. This will have serious consequences for low-lying countries near the sea, such as the coral islands in the Pacific, and Bangladesh where the River Ganges already floods the delta(三角洲) every year. Already parts of these places are disappearing under the rising tides.Title: 71._______________.evidences&76.________&The Americas&England&80.____________&79.___________&Rising earth temperature&77._______________More violent storms78.__________&Tropical plants growing74.___________________&73._______&Gases from burning coal, oil and wood
with industrial pollution&72.___________&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
任务型阅读 (共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)请认真阅读下列短文,并根据所读内容在文章后表格中的空格里填入一个最恰当的单词。注意:每个空格只填1个单词。请将***写在答题卡上相应题号的横线上。Throw the bottles and boxes of drugs out of your house. A new theory suggests that medicine could be bad for your health, which should at least come as good news to people who cannot afford to buy expensive medicine. This new theory argues that healing is at our fingertips: we can be healthy by doing Yoga on a regular basis.Supporters of medical treatment argue that medicine should be trusted since it is effective and scientifically proven. They say that there is no need for spiritual methods such as Yoga. These waste our time, something which is quite precious in our material world. There is medicine that can kill our pain, x-rays that show us our bones or MRI that scans our brain for tumors.We must admit that these methods are very effective in the examples that they provide. However, there are some “everyday complaints” such as back pains, headaches, insomnia, which are treated currently with medicine. When you have a headache, you take an A when you cannot sleep, you take Xanax without thinking of the side effects of these. When you use these pills for a long period, you bec you cannot sleep without them. We pay huge amounts of money and become addicted instead of getting better. How about a safer and more economical way of healing? When doing Yoga, you do not need anything except your energy so it is very economical. Its popularity has spread particularly throughout America and Western Europe. In quantum (量子) physics, energy is recognized as the fundamental substance which the universe consists of. Yoga depends on the energy within our bodies. It is a simple and effective way of restoring the energy flow. There are no side effects and it is scientifically explained. Opponents of alternative healing methods also claim that serious illnesses such as HIV/AIDS and cancer cannot be treated without drugs. They think so because these patients spend the rest of their lives in the hospital taking medicine. How can Yoga make these people healthy again? It is very unfortunate that these patients have to live in the hospital losing their hair because of chemotherapy (化疗), losing weight because of the side effects of the medicine they take. Actually, it is common knowledge that except for when the cancer is recognized at an early stage, drugs also cannot treat AIDS or cancer. Most of the medicines these patients use are to ease their pain and their sufferings. Instead of drugs which are expensive and have many side effects, you can use your energy to overcome the hardships of life, find an emotional balance, leave the stress of everyday life and let go of the everyday worries. We should definitely start learning Yoga and avoid illnesses before it is too late. Title: Health and Healing
at Your Fingertips3 I# _7 f, H% K3 ?5 i (1)&▲ &to a new theory&1 c" N
@4 X! U( H4 c$ P7 `4 W A new theory argues that doing Yoga (2) &▲
&can&&&& keep people healthy while medicine
might do (3) &▲ &to people’s health. 0 R: d# R$ P; G" R! ^" Y- c0 P Support of medical treatment/ S2 `6 P: D& K$ R1 S ●
People should (4) &▲ &medicine as it is very useful for
killing pain.&●
Medicine is effective and scientifically proven while Yuga is a kind of
spiritual method and doing Yoga is only a (5) &▲ &of time. ●
Illnesses (6) &▲ &HIV/AIDS and cancer can only be treated
with drugs.: R6 ^0 _" _. h( P8 I% E8 ? Support of Yoga, H- U7 O1 ^3 [+ h0 P: M# [ ●
Doing Yoga is safer and not as (7) &▲ &as taking medicine. ●
Most of the medicines that patients with some (8) &▲ &&diseases
use are to ease their pain and their sufferings but can not cure them.●
Yoga has no side effects and also there is a 9) &▲ &explanation.
It can restore the energy flow in people’s bodies, which can (10) &▲ &our
emotions, control thoughts, overcome
the hardships of life, leave the stress of everyday life and let go of the everyday
worries.! b! ^% U2 W# V7 H &
任务型阅读It is rather challenging to make a choice on universities for school under educates, as they have to take into account the factors like majors, tuition, location and the climate,etc. Read about the following universities and choose one for each of the five students below, with one extra option left.【小题1】Annie is a top student of senior 3. She loves art and is gifted in art. She wants to learn art in a forging country which has pleasant weather.【小题2】Betty has just entered a university, but she wants to quit school and go abroad to learn fashion design because she is crazy about fashion and wants to become a great designer. She has to choose a college with low fee because her family is not rich.【小题3】Eva is an English major student in a university. She loves fashion and wants to learn fashion design in a fashion center that is filled with fashion elements.【小题4】Alex is college student majoring in computer science. He found animation design would be profitable industry, so he decided to learn animation design in a country where the climate is mild, not cold in winter and not in summer.【小题5】Philip is an English major college student. British art fascinates him very much so he decided to feel the rich art atmosphere and learn art in Britain.A.University of AucklandProgrammesTheology, Science, Art,
Business, Education, Music…Fee¥60,000-80,000 a yearLength of schooling3 yearAdmission criterion(标准)1 year preparation for students
of senior 3 or graduates with an average mark of 80; regular college course
for students who finish the first year in universities.Location(位置)and climateAuckland, the biggest city in
New Z warm summers and mild and wet winters9 A: e' I* J+ T
\% Z" L* [$ I B.Istituto Maranon ProgrammesFashion Business, Fashion
Buying, Brand of Management and Fashion Promotion, Interior Design, Product
Design and Graphic Design…Fee ¥90,000-120,000 a yearLength of schooling3 yearsAdmission criterionNo language profici able to speak English or I at least 12 years schoolingLocation and climateMilan, a global fashion centre
in I summers are ext winters are chilly6 I0 Y# e" X; _, c/ O0 K' O C.Amusement Media College, JapanProgrammes Animation(卡通), caricature, digital
game designFee¥90,000-120,000 a yearLength of schooling2 yearsAdmission criterion12 years schooling or aboveLocation and climateTokyo, Japan which is a country
with the most advanced animation techniques, f mild
spring and fall, hot summer, and winter with a few snowfalls* F9 O& W$ L+ T1 j D.The University of Nottingham4 ^( a$ g) g+ g1 [2 B Programmes 1 J% d4 c7 `7 b7 g" N Arts, Engineering, Medicine and
Health Sciences, Science, Social Sciences, Law, Education+ H1 H& _: e) R1 \+ g Fee+ P5 V; R5 U1 U' a& L ¥80,000-160,000a year5 C- ^7 P( L/ E1 T Length of schooling3 ?' ^6 \; a- @- S/ b8 X( `1 X 3 years& ?* E! ?- K- C; b Admission % D0 Q8 j6 J/ f9 g6 E4 O Finish senior high school with
good performance or undergraduates in college+ j+ d2 N; f+ ^$ V, j6 Y2 P Location and climate0 h+ h
V5 e9 L- ?. R! K Nottingham, located in Britain,
wet springs, hot summers, warm autumns and icy winters% h, U$ N: M8 M* G
K3 S- R &E. University of LyonProgrammes 6 D' N) R9 X1 K" ?# A+ K4 E Art, Engineering, Medicine and
Health Sciences, Science, Business, Spanish, Fashion design9 M# M$ V2 e' h! \# i' T Fee3 Z# i3 G) j) [* Q9 h ¥10,000-30,000 a year. h! d: e& N1 B9 @ Length of schooling. j/ L- A/ Q; H 3 years- Z0 S* E# c
L% ^# f9 D Admission criterion5 i6 \% W+ a0 I Finish senior high school and
obtain a letter of admission of a university" Q" G7 Q( e' g! A( X Location and climate; L5 F$ W& B( R+ X+ K' J Lyon in F the climate is
mild and sunny; @" P: X6 Q% Q* O; `, d$ S9 E F. Ecole Superieure d Art et de DesignProgrammes 2 E) W8 X# N& Z5 I* N Art, Animation Design,
Furniture Design, Decoration and Design1 ]# R, b: M- g. S2 d Fee3 g0 j8 i4 [0 M ¥100,000-120,000 a year, ^3 e+ a2 @" ?: A Length of schooling
L& A. W# M" Y& B0 T 2 years; H, \' f1 H5 i8 e# I' \
a+ h Admission criterion1 L: H' J; W& G; M! O Between 18 and 25, more
than 1 year learning experience in art college' Q4 J, h# A2 R/ ?0 d Location and climate
K7 f* N; [+ G5 U' R Reims in F temperature
ranging from 5°C in December to 26°C in August/ [* X' \$ h: j! g7 Q8 h& d &
阅读下面短文并回答问题,然后将***写在相对应的位置上(请注意问题后的词数要求)。[ 1 ]There are a lot of questions about how to get the most nutrients out of the food we eat. Nowadays, many questions arise as we consider the effect of new technology on the quality of our food. Read on to find out how technology is affecting what you eat.[2 ]Are microwaves a good way to heat up foods? Studies say no. Microwave cooking destroys some important nutrients in vegetables. Broccoli(西兰花), when being microwaved, loses 97 percent of its cancer-protecting antioxidants (抗氧化物) compared to steamed broccoli, which loses 11 percent.[3 ]Freezing food is a way of maintaining water content levels and temporarily stopping the growth of microorganisms and bacteria. In general, it doesn't lessen nutritional value when the food is of peak quality. It is only when the food is stored for a long period of time that it starts to lose nutritional values of vitamins, especially vitamins B and C.[4 ]In general, when you dry foods, you take the water content out. You don't necessarily destroy the nutriments, although in fruits, certain vitamins can be easily destroyed. Dried foods are nearby as beneficial as fresh foods, though you end up eating a higher quantity of dried foods than_____________.[5 ]One of the biggest complaints about organic (有机的) foods is that they are more expensive than commercially grown ones. However, what you may be saving now on commercial products will surely be lost in health care later. Many scientific studies have shown up the negative effects of pesticides (杀虫剂) used on commercial crops. The primary reason for buying organic foods is that you can get nutrient-rich foods which aren't covered with dangerous chemicals.【小题1】What is the best title of the passage? (no more than 8 words)___________________________________________________________________【小题2】Complete the following sentence with words from Paragraph 5. (no more than 4 words)What people complain most about organic foods is that they have to pay more for them than______________._________________________________________________________________【小题3】 Fill in the blank in Paragraph 4 with proper words. (no more than 3 words)________________________________________________________________________【小题4】Why does the writer advise people not to use microwaves to heat up food?(no more than 10 words)_______________________________________________________________________【小题5】 What does the word "it" (Line 2, Paragraph 3) probably refer to? (no more than 3 words)________________________________________________________________________
任务型阅读Tuberculosis(肺结核,TB) killed 1,300,000 people arould the world in 2007. In addition, almost half a million people who were infected with tuberculosis and with HIV also died. Those were listed as& HIV deaths.About one-third of all people are infected with tuberculosis. But the body’s natural defenses are usually strong enough to prevent an active case. Even so, the bacteria remain in the body. If the immune system weakens at any point, they begin to spread and then attack. The bacteria that cause TB usually settle in the lungs. They spread through the air when the person coughs or even sings and talks. One of the most important things is to identify cases quickly. The patients need to be kept away from other people and begin treatment as soon as possible. Multidrug resistant tuberculosis, orMDR-TB, will not get better with antibiotics normally used for tuberculosis. So doctors must use stronger, “second line “ drugs when the first ones fall. Now, researchers say they have found a much faster way to identify drug-resistant TB. The study’s lead author is Graham Hatfull at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. The scientists used viruses called bacteriophages to speed the process. These viruses attack bacteria. The researchers injected them with a gene that produces green light. They also injected some with first line antibiotics and others with second line drugs.Then they combined the bacteriophages with TB bacteria. If the bacteria produces green light, it means they are drug-resistant. The researchers say a clinic worker could identify the green light with equipment easy to get in many clinics. Test results would not have to wait for the bacteria to grow in a lab far away. For now , the test itself needs more testing. But Professor Hatfull is hopeful this will take months and not years. Title:__1___The __2__of people infected withTB7 X* K) Z* L% [; X: ROne-third of people around the world; J: [& f/ U% a+ X) Q/ A7 N/ UWhen to begin to spread and attack4 a% P# g3 P" d, KWhen the immune system __3___" Y" F. _' c) O7 g' X7 b1 GWhere bacteria __4__TB uaually settle8 \8 i, i
H$ Z/ e+ YIn the lungs7 L3 Q5 M1 W, j3 \! XHow to __5__/ G; a: ?/ W" j) cThrough the air1 G+ R: i
]6 M$ M_____6__- D9 P( H% E6 _& N! _2 B# O___7__cases quickly.Keeping the 8_ away from peopleBeginning __9__as soon as possibleUsing _10_, second-line drugs to treat
MDR-TB8 S1 e: \8 R- a" V, j&
It’s known to us all that elephants are the biggest animals on land.There are two kinds of elephants: African elephants and Indian elephants. The African elephant has a round head and very big ears. It has long teeth. Each of them can be as long as 3.4 meters and as heavy as 103 kilograms. African elephants live in forests in Africa. They eat leaves, roots and fruits. &Indian elephants are smaller than African elephants. They are found in forests in India, Malaysia and some other countries in South Asia. They live on grass. They can be trained to do a lot of heavy work and amuse(逗乐)people.An African elephant lives as long as a man does. But an Indian elephant does not live that long.Title: 【小题1】_____________----Biggest Animals on Land【小题2】 _________/ c7 C' W4 O6 h6 O Differences % ]+ \1 D# L4 E7 N2 ]; [ Similarities (相似点)8 G% K6 E% G6 W0 B+ P: f" e African elephants% U$ c* P: _9 ^: Z( V* X eating leaves, 【小题3】________________living longer9 I3 @9 [+ g, K8 c &The biggest animals living in 【小题4】_____________ inAfrica or India.1 ]. R1 R% J# c Indian elephants ( W# h0 d' W9 M' K9 I living on grassbeing trained to do much 【小题5】________&
and amuse people." I8 `. W, [' E1 P: [4 W
Colors and feelings Colors can affect our feelings. Generally, they can be divided into four kinds. They are calm colors, warm colors, energetic colors and strong colors. Calm colors &Some colors make us feel calm and peaceful. Blue is one of those colors. Blue can also represent sadness, so you may say “ I’m feeling blue” when you are feeling sad. White is another calm color. It makes you feel calm and peaceful. Warm colors &Some colors can give you a happy and satisfied feeling. Colors like orange or yellow belong to these. Orange represent joy. It can bring you success and cheer you up when you’re feeling sad. Yellow is the color of the sun and wisdom, too. Energetic colors& When you feel tired or weak, you should wear energetic colors, such as green. Green can give you energy as it is the color of nature and represent new life and growth. Strong colors &Anyone who needs physical or mental(精神的) strength should wear red clothes. Red is the color of heat and represent power and strong feelings.Colors and feeling【小题1】_____________4 E/ ?4 `. A' F4 W7 A- e2 SFeelings! L3 D. @" U$ WExamples. j# Y" P4 H( Z0 c4 Dcalm colors4 `% c) N8 B% Q' T9 dcalm and peaceful! L$ @) B7 `2 B( `& ?【小题2】______________2 a( Q9 T: Y3 ^white' P$ e% b3 [$ R% E* Bwarm colors2 H6 f7 V- b* L! A, i. b6 j【小题3】_________________3 Y( Q- e* c0 T7 Y0 b* _2 Morange
G" M6 E. K" T* A/ M& Iyellow5 b7 i. T" [4 V/ C, Zenergetic colors3 R+ `- a! H: d3 L0 S' j
X0 L) Lenergetic4 W9 F; F# d% C1 j% G【小题4】________________" L% U7 d6 L, R: Gstrong colors3 ]+ ?* H+ M8 W/ `1 K9 R【小题5】________________2 ?* T- f0 ]6 H" I) f) A( S3 bred8 H+ M5 U: L' F+ R2 ?3 _&
A good relationship with teachers today may help you in the future. You will need teachers’ written recommendations (推荐信) to apply to a college or for a job after high school. Teachers are another group of adults in your life who can look out for you, guide you, and provide you with advice. They are willing to answer questions and help you with your personal problems.We all have our favorite teachers--those who seem truly interested in us and treat us as smart people. You can do lots of things to develop a good relationship with you teachers. Show up for class on time, finishing all homework. Be respectful and ask questions. Show an interest in the subject. Show the teacher that you care.If you’re having problems with the teacher, try to figure out why. If you don’t like the subject being taught, it can affect your relationship with the teacher. If you find a subject hard, talk to your teacher or a parent about extra tutoring. If you find it boring, talk to your teacher about some other ways of learning. What if you just don’t like the teacher?When it comes to working with teachers, personality (个性) can come into play just as it can in any relationship. Learning to work with people you don’t connect with easily is a good skill no matter what your goals are.
Before you try to get out of a class to escape a teacher you don’t like, here are a few things you can do to make a difficult relationship work.●Meet with the teacher and try to communicate what you’re feeling. Tell him or her what’s in your mind.●Turn to the school counselor (指导老师), who can offer some suggestions for getting out of adifficult relationship. Sometimes a counselor can act as a mediator between you and the teacher.●If your relationship problems can’t be solved in school, then it’s time to tell your parents. Let them meet with your teacher and try to work them out.Teachers are there for more than just homework and they know about more than just their subject matter. They can help you learn how to function as an adult and a lifelong learner. Undoubtedly, there will be a few teachers along the way who you’ll always remember and who might change your life forever.Theme: b. @% P7 ^7 ?8 g Getting along well with your teachers+ i! F, H( A+ _" \. I& D$ e9 ^7 Y The 【小题1】______&&&&&for a good relationship with teachers2 f! O& K8 \3 L4 J ●A good relationship with teachers may be 【小题2】&&&&&to your future.●You will need teachers’ written recommendations to go
to a college or find a job after high school.●Teachers pay attention to what is happening around you,
give you guidance and offer 【小题3】&&&&&about how to deal with your personal problems.8 @
b- M- S, W: C 【小题4】&&&&to develop a good relationship with teachers9 h9 @# f: ]2 `2 B. _) P: B ● 【小题5】&&&&&school
on time.●Show 【小题6】&&&&&for your teachers.●Ask questions.●Be interested in the subject.●Show your teachers that you care.& N% M1 Z, J3 F3 ]: Q About common teacher-student【小题7】&&&&&. f2 A& M- P3 _. h1 \ ●If the subject is hard to learn, ask for extra
tutoring.●If you are 【小题8】&&&&&with the subject, talk to your teacher.●It’s a good skill to learn to work with people you don’t
connect with easily.- A/ V& Q) Y% F5 N. G Suggestions! j% i. M4 ]% C( \ 【小题9】&&&&&with the teacher.●Ask the school counselor for help.●Tell your parents to help 【小题10】&&&&&&the problem.0 Z4 g# S' E5 N: P &
阅读下面短文并回答问题,然后将***写到答题卡相应的位置上(请注意问题后的词数要求)。 First aid means the aid or the help that can be given to an injured person first, that is, before any other help arrives. Nowadays there is usually a telephone not far away and the first things we should do, if a serious accident happens, is _____________Sometimes quick action by us may& save someone's life. Shock. People often suffer from shock after receiving an injury ,sometimes even when the injure is a small one. The face turns gray, and the skin becomes damp and cold. They breathe quickly. They should be kept warm. Cover them with a blanket and give them a warm drink. Broken bones. Do not move the patient. Send for an ambulance at once. Bleeding. A little bleeding doesn't harm.& It washes dirt from the wound.& But if the bleeding continues, try to stop it by placing a clean cloth firmly over the wound until the bleeding stops or helps arrive. Poison. A person who has taken poison should be taken to a hospital at once. With some poisons, sleeping pills, for example, it is a good thing to make the patient throw up by pressing& your fingers down his throat. Remember: When an accident happens, telephone for an ambulance at once. Keep the injured person warm and quiet.& Give him plenty of air.& Do not let other people crowd around him.【小题1】What's the author's purpose of writing the passage?______________________________________________________________【小题2】Fill in the blank in the first paragraph with proper words or phrases to complete the sentence.( no more than seven words)______________________________________________________________【小题3】 What's the best title for the passage?______________________________________________________________【小题4】What' s the symptom when someone goes into shock?______________________________________________________________【小题5】 Translate the underlined sentence into Chinese.______________________________________________________________

参考资料

随机推荐