D?Nightkiss
新人欢迎积分1 阅读权限80积分15416精华4UID365220帖子金钱29100 威望11
朝露昙花,一夕碎梦
Lv.8, 积分 15416, 距离下一级还需 4584 积分
UID365220帖子威望11 多玩草528 草
原帖由 爱蕾娜?洛克哈特 于
17:30 发表
不好意思,想来想去不知该在哪里发泄,只好委屈刚铎的帖子了。
那些曾经喊着梦境庄园的老人如何如何不待见新人的、如何如何影响梦境庄园的发展、说得好像老人们简直是梦境庄园的毒瘤的,在把老人们赶走之后,自己又做了些 ...
有些事& &过去了就是过去了
这么多年来很多人试图尝试让这里回复当年的光辉
可是没人成功
新人也好,老人也罢,更新的人也好,更老的人也罢。
有些人知道一些过去的事,时常缅怀下旧日时光,更有很多人对此地一无所知,却也还留在此处。
不管怎样,既然那你时至今日,依旧会点进这个版面,依旧会在这里发发牢骚,就说明你对这个版面曾经有过爱。既如此,已足够,不是么?
在下有很多话不爱说,不好说,毕竟曾经发生过很多事情也是因在下而起,虽然未必比和在下有关。
只能说,很多人都曾进过自己的力,想让这里更好些,却大概都没能找到一个好的办法。
其实,回到最本源的过去,这里确实又何尝不仅仅只是几个人的小圈子呢?大多数人不过是被这些人吸引而来,才留在了这里而已。
不过这个世界本来就没有一成不变的事,何况网络这个虚拟的载体。当初的开拓者,如今依然不在,那么留下来的也仅仅是因为那一点点眷恋。
不必说些谁对谁错的话。抱怨与指责又有什么意义?
过去的,终将过去,该来的早晚会来。
最后的最后,感谢刚铎兄的辛苦搬运,让咱这个不玩WOW多年,也懒得上NGA的人还能多少看到些曾经关注的剧情走向。
嘛,天闻角川的轻小说还是很不错的……在下继续支持正版去了。
七尼玛的念去去
新人欢迎积分1 阅读权限90积分20129精华5UID1389239帖子金钱2312 威望20
空虚症患者?老七
UID1389239帖子威望20 多玩草123 草
安度因就是联盟新鸽派了
虽然之前叫这个名字的家伙是个纯鹰派加硬汉
而且 - - 国王的精神分裂症居然还在继续 - -
难道他还会时不时很暴躁 - -
那也不算什么吧 = = 精神分裂 = =
“我是瓦里安,也是拉格什”
这台词果然没错 - -
新人欢迎积分1 阅读权限1积分0精华0UID帖子金钱11 威望-2
Lv.0, 积分 0, 距离下一级还需 5 积分
UID帖子威望-2 多玩草0 草
不在其位,不谋其职
新人欢迎积分2 阅读权限80积分10633精华6UID324263帖子金钱7985 威望15
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
Lv.8, 积分 10633, 距离下一级还需 9367 积分
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
回复 167# 的帖子
至少瓦里安有的时候受到了这种“病症”的影响。关键是此人乃暴风国王,联盟领袖,如果是不是来那么一下,不是谁都受得了的。
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
[紧接加洛什和凯恩]The shattering加洛什与贝恩的剧透
这次的信息提供者叫做windmaster,不过我对此人非常不熟,但是有什么关系呢?内容够好就可以了。
上半部分见老板贴:[
When Cairne arrives in Orgrimmar, he backhands Garrosh right on his painful new jaw tattoo. Garrosh denies being involved with the attacks. Cairne is fed up with him and demands a mak'gora, a duel of honor for control of the Horde. Garrosh can't believe it. He makes a gambit, saying that if they're going to do mak'gora, they shouldn't do the more recent version, which is basically a &say uncle& kind of deal -- it should be the old mak'gora, a duel to the death. Cairne instantly agrees. Again, Garrosh can't believe it. They agree to meet in the arena.
凯恩来到奥格瑞玛质问加洛什。加洛什否认跟灰谷的袭击事件有关系。凯恩受够了加洛什,要与他进行mak'gora--一场争夺部落控制权的决斗。加洛什无法相信凯恩会这么做。他想了个对策,声称他们如果要决斗也不要按现在这种小儿科的方式,要玩就按老式规矩----生死决斗。再次出乎加洛什意料,凯恩很快就答应了。他们约定在竞技场上见。
The rules of the mak'gora state that each combatant is allowed a single weapon, and if they drop it, they can't pick it back up. They're allowed no armor, only a loincloth. And their weapons may be blessed by a shaman. A random shaman blesses Cairne's runespear, and none other than Magatha Grimtotem offers to bless Gorehowl. Unbeknownst to Garrosh, she poisons the blade.
Mak'gora的规矩要求每个决斗者带一把武器,如果武器掉了,不能捡回来。决斗者不能穿任何铠甲,只能希一条裹腰布。开赛前可以找一个萨满为武器祝福。一位萨满为凯恩祝福了他的符文矛,而除了玛加萨外没人愿意给加洛什的血吼祝福。趁加洛什不注意,玛加萨在血吼上下了毒。
Cairne beats the crap out of Garrosh easily. Garrosh manages to nick him on the chest with Gorehowl, and Cairne immediately gets faint. Garrosh attempts to hit him again, a weak blow to force him back, but Cairne can't defend himself and the howling axe sinks into chest. Cairne dies. Garrosh is bewildered.
凯恩上来就占据压倒性优势。但在加洛什一次成功地用血吼划到凯恩的胸部后,凯恩立即赶到眩晕。加洛什轻挥一斧,试图将凯恩击退,但凯恩甚至无法防御这次攻击,被血吼击中胸腔。凯恩当场死亡。而加洛什十分困惑。
And so, I, who have lived my whole life with honor, die betrayed.
The moment Cairne dies, Magatha orders her tribe to begin a night siege on Thunder Bluff and the surrounding towns. They wipe out nearly every other tauren in the area. Baine Bloodhoof, who wasn't even yet aware that his father had died, is alerted by a Grimtotem defector that his life is in danger and they have to leave immediately. They cause a kodo stampede to distract the Grimtotem and escape.
凯恩死去的同时,玛加萨命令他的部落开始夜袭雷霆崖和附近城镇。他们屠杀任何其他部落的牛头人。还不知道父亲已经去世的贝恩.血蹄被一个背叛恐怖图腾的黑牛警告他的生命有危险,他必须迅速离开。他们引发了一场科多践踏事件误导恐怖图腾,趁机逃离。
The Grimtotem defector heads to Ratchet while Baine contacts Garrosh for help. Gazlowe agrees to supply Baine with a huge amount of supplies and explosives -- for nothing. (He always liked &the old bull.&) Meanwhile, Eitrigg tells Garrosh that he needs to man up and atone for what he did, intentional or not. Garrosh agrees, still reeling from the death of an old tauren he didn't even necessarily dislike.
他们抵达棘齿城,贝恩联系加洛什请求帮助。加兹鲁维免费向贝恩提供物资和***。他似乎一直尊重老牛。(地精你疯了么地精)同时,伊崔格劝加洛什他应该振作起来并为自己所作的事赎罪,无论是有意的还是无意的。加洛什认为伊崔格说的对,虽然他仍然纠结于老牛的死。
Magatha, who had sent word to Garrosh as well, asking for help in the face of Baine's forces, is greeted by the following message:
玛加萨也向加洛什传信,求情帮助镇压贝恩的部队。结果收到了回信:
Unto Elder Crone Magatha of the Grimtotem,
Acting Warchief of the Horde, Garrosh Hellscream
Sends his most sincere wishes for a slow and painful death.
尊敬的恐怖图腾酋长玛加萨,
现部落大酋长加洛什.地狱咆哮,带来他诚挚的祝福,
祝您在痛苦中慢慢死去.
She electrocutes the messenger.
玛加萨愤怒地电死了信使。
With Garrosh's and Gazlowe's help, Baine takes back Thunder Bluff from the usurpers and captures Magatha. He doesn't kill her, instead sending her to live alone in Stonetalon, saying that if he ever sees her again, he'll kill her. Garrosh expects Baine to challenge him as well, but Baine tells him that Cairne meant to help the Horde with the mak'gora, and that another challenge would only fracture it. He accepts Garrosh's remorse for what he took from Baine and the tauren.
在加洛什和加兹鲁维的帮助下,贝恩从篡权者手中夺回了雷霆崖,并抓住了玛加萨。他没有杀死玛加萨,将她流放到石爪山,并告知如果再让他看到她,就不会再手下留情。加洛什希望贝恩和他来一次决斗,贝恩拒绝了。贝恩说凯恩的愿望是用决斗的方式拯救部落,而现在再来一次决斗会让部落分崩离析。他接受了加洛什的悔过。
Garrosh offers the tauren a place of honor within the Horde and promises to make it up to both Baine and the tauren people. He also has the city reinforced with something a little less flammable.
加洛什承诺牛头人在部落中的荣耀地位,惠及贝恩和所有的牛头人。
最后加洛什用耐火的材料加固了奥格瑞玛。
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
新人欢迎积分0 阅读权限10积分10精华0UID帖子金钱2 威望0
Lv.1, 积分 10, 距离下一级还需 5 积分
UID帖子威望0 多玩草0 草
加洛什 看来也不像一开始表现得那么无脑啊~
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
回复 171# 的帖子
只能说,人都是成长的,不过长成什么样子,还需要拭目以待。
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
Lv.0, 积分 0, 距离下一级还需 5 积分
UID帖子威望-2 多玩草0 草
我感觉……
加洛什 一直都不无脑
只不过我们被 之前 不准确的信息 误导了而已
Lv.3, 积分 102, 距离下一级还需 148 积分
UID4386113帖子威望0 多玩草10 草
CTM的剧情很精彩嘛,萨尔的终生要确定了,加尔罗什经历成长的烦恼,双方的年轻领袖们建立了友谊,但是希姐姐和瓦里安,我都有不祥的预感。
WLK之战惨痛而辉煌,从前面的信息看,LM共牺牲了5W人,代价不小
新人欢迎积分0 阅读权限60积分2622精华0UID254999帖子金钱1061 威望0
Lv.6, 积分 2622, 距离下一级还需 2378 积分
UID254999帖子威望0 多玩草52 草
一口气看完...都不知道怎么概括了......加洛什的行为上似乎多了比较多的领导气质...萨尔则相反给人感觉老了....
小希似乎比公爵更有希望成为巫妖王2号的样子,遗忘者的疯狂试验实在有些惨无人道了..玛加萨的邪恶计划总让我觉得有些急躁..难道她也觉得自己已经老了需要加快计划么...
最后很好奇为什么死亡之翼老喜欢拖家带口的....明明称自己的儿女都是废物...还要复活他们起来......炮灰么...
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
回复 175# 的帖子
奥妮和奈法可不能算是废物,一个搅乱了暴风城的政局,一个统合了黑石兽人,都给暴风王国造成了极大的麻烦。
而且单论他们的战斗能力,作为正常成年的黑龙,奥妮和奈法的实力不亚于卡雷苟斯,甚至超过伊利丹不少。
或许实力概括不是很确切,但是这两个的实力绝对不容小觑。
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
[暴雪嘉年华搬运]看梅森在扯啥?大量剧透慎入!(自带吐槽)
这次发布消息的是达纳斯?怒爪,引用的部分有人家的自带吐槽,请大家自行检阅
以下是暴雪嘉年华2010魔兽世界故事和剧情问答会的实录,出面回答问题的两位设计师是创意副总裁克里斯?梅森和高级设计师阿莱克斯?阿夫拉西亚比(更COOOOOOOOOL一点的名字叫“弗洛尔(人渣)”)。
&&问:我们会不会见到一把不是锤子的法系橙色武器?
&&答:法杖,你要法杖,这就来了!
&&问:Cata中是否会有时光之穴和青铜龙的桥段?
&&答:放心,瞧好吧!
&&问:我想知道燃烧军团的本初设定,究竟是他们本来就要毁灭生命,还是基尔加丹按照自己的意志改造了它?
&&答:不,原本就是萨格拉斯认为生命是肮脏的,需要摧毁,这一点没有改变,而基尔加丹的意志,那就是他个人的意志
&&问:库尔提拉斯的故事在cata中为什么没有涉及?
&&答:迟早的,但现在还不是时候,慢慢来,会有库尔提拉斯的戏份的
&&问:凯尔萨斯在TFT到TBC之间的转变是一个什么样的过程?
&&答:几年前,我们有位作者(Nick Nielson)其实写了一本关于这个故事的小册子,当时并未出版,我们也许会把它拿出来
&&问:麦迪文的那把法杖还会不会有回到游戏中的机会?
&&答:没了,它的故事结束了
&&问:我们想看到风行者三姐妹的重聚
&&答:我们没准会在图拉杨的某个故事线里提到
&&问:大地之环会不会有更多的戏码
&&答:你玩过beta就会知道,他们是重要的角色
&&问:吉安娜和萨尔还会有可能嘛...
&&答:萨尔和吉安娜没可能性了,吉安娜交往的男人最后都不得好死,所以我不能害他啊
&&问:卡雷苟斯会守护蓝龙军团吗?
&&答:卡雷苟斯将成为新的蓝色守护巨龙
&&问:被遗忘者以外的种族的牧师操控暗影能量这个如何解释呢?
&&答:在扯,在扯....
&&问:银色十字军的圣骑士们在cata中会做什么呢?
&&答:让他们喘息一下吧,我们以后再见。
&&问:在科赞被火山摧毁之后,地精们有没有可能重新回到科赞?安德麦会出现在游戏中吗?
&&答:游戏中的科赞毕竟只是整个岛的一小部分…… 好吧,迟早有一天。
&&问:恶魔之魂的故事会不会在cata中有所涉及?
&&答:我不能说的太多,但是我可以说的是,会有非常棒的东西出现
&&问:对RP玩家来说每个人物的故事非常重要,会不会加入为角色撰写故事和描述的工具呢?
&&答:你是说为你的角色加入一个角色面板么,那么我们可以尝试一下。
&&问:在小说《怒风》中陷于翡翠梦境的那些人,他们还有机会回来吗?
&&答:这里有个优先级的问题,毕竟我们在讲述世界破碎的故事,我们很难再去重新为这些人撰写故事线和对话了。
&&问:我们会不会遇到更加强大更加难以对付的对手?会不会有一天要去推红龙女王?
&&答:拜托,她是生命的守护者,你能把她怎么样?在最后一个补丁中,也许我们干掉死亡之翼之后,会发现守护巨龙将面对史上最黑暗的时刻,它们要如何进化来面对这一现实?你如何击败死亡之翼这不可战胜的化身?守护巨龙,和萨尔,将如何面对这一切?线索:萨尔是个萨满,而我们缺少了哪族守护巨龙?大地。也许只有这样萨尔才能超脱自己,让守护巨龙的家族得以完满。
问:会不会有关于下一位古神名字的线索,要么是一个古神信息图书馆之类的blablabla
&&答:你玩过beta的话,应该能注意到已经有这么一位了,Nezath,我们可以确定它是翡翠梦境堕落的源泉(我可以求翻译么?)
&&问:在TBC中怒风在任务中出场不多,WLK中阿尔萨斯满街都是,那么cata中死亡之翼呢?
&&答:他会在合适的时间闪亮登场,但是以他的身份,我保证,你见到他的时候,就是你的死期。(哟!死耀星)
&&问:伊利丹?怒风会不会诈尸?
&&答:我是想啊,简直帅呆了,虽然没人提起过,但是我喜欢!(COOOOOL你妹,别拉中二丹起来了)
&&问:会将新的提瑞斯法议会,尤其是麦迪安加入游戏吗?
&&答:很棒的想法,我们一直以来都有,但是我们还在考虑如何将这些故事和角色整合到我们的整个世界观中。
&&问:我们在cata后的旧世界到了58,然后再回去外域和诺森德,你看这怎么解释清楚吧。
&&答:我们未来肯定会回到外域,将它做的更加符合我们的游戏系统,但在时间轴之间跳跃这是无法避免的。重新制作一个外域在任务开发上也要花费很大的的精力,我们在WLK中加入了1000多个任务,而在cata中这个数字高达3500个。
&&问:原本弗斯塔德?蛮锤将进入三锤议会,但是beta上是库德兰?蛮锤,弗斯塔德不见了,他去哪了?
&&答:坏了,我们会修正的。(库兰德哭了呀!)
&&问:旧世界会不会利用镜像系统使得高等级玩家能利用起旧世界低等级区域
&&答:我们在cata中重做了大量的旧世界区域,添加了很多任务和故事,但你的问题中这样做的意义,其实并不大,我们有精彩的新区域,例如治愈的海加尔山,我相信你更愿意去那里体验更多的剧情。
&&问:80级的橙色武器会不会有任务线使其升级?
&&答:不,我们会加入新的橙色武器,我们不打算让一件物品从一而终,因此目前没有这个计划
&&问:巨魔鸟德会不会有背景故事?
&&答:我们正在为巨魔德鲁伊创作背景故事,等着看吧
感谢某人的吐槽,我自己又加了点,加粗的都是重点问题哦!
我只能说,灰常欢乐。
不过确实言之有物
[ 本帖最后由 萨菲罗斯?刚铎 于
14:08 编辑 ]
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
新人欢迎积分1 阅读权限50积分2498精华0UID帖子金钱6057 威望0
Lv.5, 积分 2498, 距离下一级还需 2 积分
UID帖子威望0 多玩草20 草
在最后一个补丁中,也许我们干掉死亡之翼之后,会发现守护巨龙将面对史上最黑暗的时刻,它们要如何进化来面对这一现实?你如何击败死亡之翼这不可战胜的化身?守护巨龙,和萨尔,将如何面对这一切?线索:萨尔是个萨满,而我们缺少了哪族守护巨龙?大地。也许只有这样萨尔才能超脱自己,让守护巨龙的家族得以完满。
难不成萨尔哥要加入守护巨龙家族,顶替奈爷守护大地?&&
人物卡吐槽委员会会员
UID324263帖子威望15 多玩草251 草
[剧透]The shattering的一些零碎细节(更新Golden访谈原文)
算是对小说的更进一步补充,于是整个小说的内容就七七八八了。
[依然是来自国外网站的剧透 ,原文比较详细,从中摘了一些原来没有的点,由于剧透中夹了剧透者的一些理解,所以翻译过来的东西带些猜测,难免有误]
已有剧透汇总:
大灾变序曲--部分剧情进展:[ ;_fp=3 ]
一些补充by 麦德三世:[ ;_fp=2 ]
萨尔线by 麦德三世:[ ;_fp=1 ]
加洛什与凯恩 by 古格火须:[ ;_fp=1 ]
加洛什与贝恩:[ ;_fp=1 ]
这样加起来整个故事架构就差不多了
零碎细节:
萨尔认为自己用格罗姆为榜样振奋加洛什却使他过于自负,但部落需要一个强有力的领导人,而且这些和当前的元素事件比都是小事一桩。加洛什也告诉萨尔自己不懂得如何通知。萨尔告诉加洛什找人辅助他做事。
教安度因战士技巧的女士叫Aerin,尽管安度因讨厌战士训练,但两人关系还不错。安度因喜欢和高级牧师Rohan混迹于发现者大厅和奇迹大厅。
地震频发,卡拉诺斯遭遇强震,安度因前往救援。Aerin死于雷酒酿制厂的垮塌,使安度因深受打击。
从安度因救助他人的闪光事迹中,麦格尼认为安度因会成为一个伟大的牧师。于是将有数百年历史的单手锤Fearbreaker赠给安度因。锤子与安度因共鸣发出光芒。
奥杜尔石板上可以翻译出&becoming one with the earth&。麦格尼是在旧铁炉堡使用它的,在钻石化前,麦格尼能听到大地的声音。
参加麦格尼葬礼的部落代表有血精灵和牛头人。
茉艾拉赶回接掌权力后隔离了狮鹫,关闭了地铁,派人监视法师,将城市与外界隔离。
是凯恩派哈缪尔与暗夜精灵谈判的。哈缪尔从尸体堆里醒来后找了一只猫头鹰给凯恩传信。
加洛什给自己纹了个身,纹身师傅是当年给格罗姆纹身的师傅的徒弟。
预见之池的多数被遗忘者对恐怖图腾的屠杀行为选择了支持或者中立。
德雷克塔尔早就预见了凯恩的死,他身边的人发现他的预言是真的的时候开始慎重考虑关于大灾变的预言,并寻找萨尔。
萨尔回忆他的过去发现元素会主动亲近他。
贝恩,吉安娜和安度因在塞拉摩商量如何对付恐怖图腾和加洛什时,贝恩认为他们不能攻击尚未证实是下毒凶手的加洛什,因为这样会使部落分裂。安度因将Fearbreaker交给贝恩时圣光的祝福也传给了贝恩。
加洛什听从了很多伊崔格的意见。
反攻雷霆崖的时候使用的是地精飞艇。
瓦里安带领军7通过地铁袭击铁炉堡。在瓦里安把剑架在茉艾拉脖子上的时候,安度因和吉安娜赶到,说服了瓦里安杀死茉艾拉只能让事情变得更糟(他的一些想法也是受到了贝恩的启示)。瓦里安提出妥协意见建立三锤议会。并警告茉艾拉她将受到严密监视。
德雷克塔尔的信终于传到萨尔那里,萨尔为这段时间部落发生的悲剧懊悔。阿格拉劝他说在纳格兰的学习将使他能拯救一切,这是作为大酋长的最佳选择。她将跟随萨尔。
回到雷霆崖萨尔参加了凯恩的葬礼。萨尔称凯恩和牛头人为部落的&spiritual center&。
最后是德雷克塔尔的最终预言“有人在撞门,闩上门,别让他进来!”(“Someone is breaking down the door! Bar it! Do not let him in!&”)
BLIZZCON上Wowinsider对Golden的访谈,没有更多的剧透,但有一些作者创作过程中的思路和想法,以及与玻璃渣的关系等
关于加洛什的和关于萨尔与吉安娜关系的值得看一下,标红了,译文见27楼,梁上伪君子翻译
WoW Insider: Christie, thank you so much for joining us. The WoW Insider readers are big fans of your books, especially The Shattering. Can you tell us a little bit about the challenges about writing within the Warcraft universe?
Christie Golden: One of the biggest challenges is that it's constantly
with every new patch there's something new that comes along -- it's almost a living entity. Books take about a year from start to finish, so we're a little bit more locked in to our schedules. So there's a lot of back and forth. Things will change sometimes from one draft to another, so there'll be something new -- it's like, &Oh by the way, this character blahblahblah, can you update.& Unfortunately, a book can't be tinkered with right up to the release date like a game can.
You can't hotfix a book, then?
I'm sure a lot of authors would love that! That's probably the biggest challenge, though. But the creativity and the appreciation I get from working with Blizzard certainly makes up for the inconveniences.
WARNING: This interview does contain some spoilers for The Shattering. Caution is advised!
What would you say is the most rewarding part about writing about Warcraft and the other Blizzard universes? What draws you to it?
I think [that] like I said, working with Blizzard is unlike working with any other media franchise in that they are so passionate about what they do, and I'm part of the team. I'm not just somebody who's writing something to advertise the game. I am an integral part of this an they welcome my input. I remember I had this idea and I just dropped a line off to Evelyn (Fredericksen, creative development historian of Blizzard Entertainment), and I said, &You know what would be really cool is if we could have Invincible's grave in the game.& And the next patch, that next week it was in -- that was so cool. It' you feel like you're seen and appreciated and valued, and that energy and creativity includes the writers of this world as well as the people who are creating it -- and that's a wonderful thing.
Arthas: Rise of the Lich King was both yours and Blizzard's first New York Times bestseller. How did that make you feel?
It was really exciting! We kept looking at the numbers and crossing our fingers, and I talked to my editor and she said, &Oh, I've got a good feeling about this!& And I remember she tried to contact me and I was out, so I came home to a message on the answering machine and I just whooped in the kitchen! That's a lifetime dream. And also it was especially important because of my great relationship with Blizzard to have my first bestseller be with their product and to have their first bestseller to be my book. It was really an honor and very, very exciting.
I understand that Arthas was written in a relatively short period of time. How long did it take to write The Shattering?
I had a good four months on that, and that was needed I think, because of all the different storylines. There's a multitude of plot threads in this book, Horde and Alliance weaving back and forth. I do think I had a really good chunk of time to sit with it and develop it and bring it to fruition.
The book sees a lot of character development from a number of different characters. What was your favorite story arc within the book?
That's a really difficult question.You know, I really liked the whole Baine and Anduin arc. I love Anduin.
We were pleased to see a real Horde/Alliance friendship going on there. The fact that a tauren warrior is carrying a dwarven weapon given to him by a human prince -- that's a big deal.
It really was. That was something that resonated with me very early on, and when we were bouncing ideas back and forth, that was actually going to be a book on its own. It ended up being part of a bigger book because there were just so many things we wanted to do, so we took all our biggest ideas that we were really excited about and tried to layer them in. But I really, really loved that, because I really like both of those characters a lot and they have such similar storylines without my having to manipulate anything. I'd have to say that was my favorite.
On the subject of Anduin, what was your influence for writing him? You nailed the character incredibly well.
I have no idea why I can write teenage boys so well. I have always been able to do that. For a long time, I was a little frustrated because I would try to write my original fiction and it never took off the way my media work did. Then I realized that my media work is read mostly by teenage boys. I write very deeply emotional stuff. I don't pull any punches -- I've put action and stuff in there, but it's stuff from the heart. And who better to feel things, to deal with their emotions, than teenage boys? So I feel kind of blessed to be able to bring that to my readership.
But I don't think there was anybody I modeled Anduin on -- I just read the comics and I saw how he developed. When I nail a character, they do start speaking to me and I can hear what they say and I can see what they do very easily. He came through pretty loud and clear.
How much freedom do you have when you're writing the story to add extra characters or side stories or to put new material in to the universe?
They're willing to listen to everything I have to say. And with a lot of things they go, &Oh that's a great idea,& and a then a lot of things, they say, &We can't because we want to go in this direction.& But I'm certainly never censored. I bring up anything that occurs to me because I just don't know where they're going, if it's going to work or not. But they're very open to suggestions and ideas.
You had some significant fan reaction to The Shattering. Some people were really upset about Thrall having his very own love interest that is not Jaina Proudmoore. How do you feel about killing off that contingent?
You know, I never thought it was there to begin with. It never was there, and too many people have read far too much into &too bad Jaina's not an orc.& To me, that just makes perfect sense, because these are the qualities you are looking for in a mate -- she's not an appropriate mate, it's too bad. But it was never -- they were friends, the way he and Taretha were friends. I'm sorry to dash any hopes out there, and of course people are free to imagine whatever they would like, but for me, I certainly did not put that in there.
One character that you had in the novel has had a lot of negative reactions in the past from both factions, and you had the opportunity to flesh him out -- Garrosh Hellscream. What was the biggest challenge writing Garrosh? It feels like it would be difficult to make him into a sympathetic figure.
That was a challenge. Because as we were presented -- of course the game is not a novel, so it gets kind of a ... I don't want to say skimpy treatment, but a sliver. So you can't quite go into the depth that you can with books. That' that's what they're there for. But we started talking about Garrosh, who he was, where he was from and where his heart was, and we talked about the fact that some of the fans do not like him very much. But there's nothing wrong with an antagonist or an antihero, and what I hoped to do was if not make him sympathetic, at least make him understandable. You could see where he was coming from -- you might not agree with it, but you could see it. And if I've done that, then I've done my job.
Garrosh had a run in with Cairne Bloodhoof, and of course the Alliance lost a leader in Magni Bronzebeard. Was it emotional writing that for you? We know that you play the game.
I love Cairne. I love the tauren very much and when I was told what was going to happen, I thought, &Oh no! No I don't want to do that!& But I hope I gave him a dramatic, if ignoble because of how it happened, ending -- I'm very proud of that last line. When he realizes what's going on, he says, &And so I, who have lived my whole life with honor, die betrayed.& That was very powerful for me.
It was nice to see that Cairne didn't die thinking Garrosh had done that to him.
He's smarter than that. He's a wise old bull.
As you must know, when Cataclysm comes out we'll have two new factions joining the goblins and the worgen. Are you looking forward to writing about them if you get the opportunity?
Oh I would love to do worgen. I'm in the beta and I'm excited about it and I finally got to see the female -- they're so cute! I would love to do something else. The goblins are a blast to write. One of my favorite lines in the book is Gazlowe. They ask him if he can rebuild it and he says, &Well of course we can do it. I mean we're goblins, we can do it.&
There have been rumors and differing reports, particularly from Amazon, that lists The Shattering as &Book One.& Is this an indication that The Shattering part of a trilogy, or is it a standalone book?
You know I can't even definitively say that right now because I'm not sure I know. I am working on another project for them, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it. Maybe where the trilogy thing came from was that I did have a contract with them for three books.
Who would you really like to write about that you haven't gotten to yet?
I would have said Anduin, but now I've gotten to do him, so I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head! I've been really lucky.
As a final question, would you say playing WoW helps you write in the universe?
I'd say 110 percent. My history with Blizzard was that I was approached to do Lord of the Clans and I knew nothing about the world -- but they were wonderful, they were accessible, they'd return my emails and answer my questions immediately. I did that in six weeks. My experience was wonderful. I remember when WoW came out, a friend of mine said, &Oh Christie! Would you like to see Thrall?& I said of course I'd love to see Thrall, and so he logs on his character and rides in and shows me. It was so cool. I'd never played a video game before, not ever -- and I said, &Oh no, I can't I'll lose myself in this game!& I held out for two months and then I got the game. That made me tell my agent that we should go back to Blizzard, see if they want some more books, because I'm really enjoying it. That's when I got Rise of the Horde.
对其中红字的翻译(因为这部分比较关注,其他提供的剧情信息不多)
Q:你由于《大灾变》这本书有了大量的粉丝,有的对萨尔有了自己的爱人,但是这不是珍娜?普罗德摩尔而感到非常遗憾。你怎么看待这段也许存在的感情被扼杀?
A:你知道,我从一开始就没想过它(指这段感情)在那。从来都没有这回事,太多人对“珍娜为什么不是个兽人,这太糟糕了”理解得太深入了。这非常合情合理。因为那就是你在伴侣身上所寻找的优点----她并不是一个合适的伴侣,这太坏了,但是这从来就没有存在----他们只是朋友,像萨尔和塔蕾莎一样的朋友。我很抱歉让你们的希望破灭,当然, 你们可以自由想象他们会怎么样,但是对我来说,我确实没写任何关于他们的感情。
Q:你笔下的另外一个人物在过去广受联盟与部落的恶评,你现在有机会把这个人物描写的有血有肉--伽罗什?地狱吼。你认为你描写伽罗什的最大挑战是什么。把他描写成一个招人喜爱的人物似乎非常困难。
A;这确实是一个挑战,因为从目前显示来看---当然,游戏不是小说,所以这需要……我不想说很少的大纲,除了银(这句话读不懂……)所以你不能从小说里获得很多你需要的。这是小说的职责(剧透职责?),是小说存在的价值。但是我们已经开始在讨论伽罗什。他是谁,他的来历和他的心理,我们同样讨论了一些粉丝不是很喜欢他的事实。但是这对于一个反抗者,或者说是一个反英雄(antihero 非主流英雄……)来说这并不是一个很大的问题,我现在希望做到的是即使不能把它描写成招人喜爱的人,也至少让他能被人所理解,你可以知道他所走过的路(个人感觉这样翻比较好)----你也许不同意他的做法,但是你能理解他。如果我做到了这一点,我的工作就完成了。
[ 本帖最后由 萨菲罗斯?刚铎 于
14:34 编辑 ]
我自狂刀空度日,
飞扬跋扈为谁雄?
Lv.0, 积分 0, 距离下一级还需 5 积分
UID帖子威望-2 多玩草0 草
萨尔和吉安娜没可能性了,吉安娜交往的男人最后都不得好死,所以我不能害他啊
----好?……吉安娜?柯南吗
初级人缘勋章
初级人缘勋章
需要金钱:1100